Sign in to follow this  
Alex CA

Using FieldTypeCache with Pagination

I am currently designing a search page for my website.

While I am able to get both pagination and fieldtype caching enabled separately, I am not able to implement them together.

I followed the following 2 pages - 

1. https://processwire.com/api/modules/markup-pager-nav/
  2. https://processwire-recipes.com/recipes/set-up-search-index-with-fieldtypecache/

Is there any way where I can combine these 2 methods for my website?

Here is a snippet of my code

$q = $sanitizer->text($input->get->q);

$q = $sanitizer->selectorValue($q);

// Search the cacged fields for our query text.
    // Limit the results to 50 pages.
    $selector = "search_cache~=$q, limit=50";

// If user has access to admin pages, lets exclude them from the search results.
      if($user->isLoggedin()) $selector .= ", has_parent!=2";

// Find pages that match the selector

$matches = $pages->find($selector);

//Get range of paginated results
      $start = $matches->getStart() + 1;
      $end = $matches->getStart() + count($matches);
      $total = $matches->getTotal();

$content = "<p><b>Showing search results ". $start . " - ". $end . " of ".$total."</b></p>";

// did we find any matches?
    if($matches->count) {

$content .= '<ul>';
        foreach($matches as $match){
            $content .= '<li>'. $match->parent->title . ': <a href="' . $match->url . '">' . $match->title . '</a></li>';

}
        $content .= '</ul>';

$content .= $matches->renderPager(array(
            'listMarkup' => "<ul class='pagination'>{out}</ul>",
            'nextItemLabel' => "Next",
            'previousItemLabel' => "Previous",

));

} else {
        // we didn't find any
        $content = "<strong>Sorry, no results were found.</<strong>";
    }

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By creativejay
      I will preface this by saying I have checked (multiple times) per template (both parent and child, to be totally sure) that they are set to allow pagination.
      What's happening is that my first page of results keeps displaying, despite /page2/ being in the URL. The pagination markup also indicates I am still on page one. This is happening across multiple types of paginated pages.
      $pagination = $pager->render($results, $poptions); The options are just markup...
      $poptions = array( 'numPageLinks' => 5, 'listClass' => 'uk-pagination', 'linkMarkup' => "<a href='{url}'>{out}</a>", 'currentItemClass' => 'uk-active', 'separatorItemLabel' => '<span>&hellip;</span>', 'separatorItemClass' => 'uk-disabled', 'currentLinkMarkup' => "<span>{out}</span>", 'nextItemLabel' => '<i class="uk-icon-angle-double-right"></i>', 'previousItemLabel' => '<i class="uk-icon-angle-double-left"></i>', 'nextItemClass' => '', // blank out classes irrelevant to Uikit 'previousItemClass' => '', 'lastItemClass' => '', ); In the header, I call for the module and the options include:
      $pager = $modules->get('MarkupPagerNav'); include_once("pagination.inc"); Aside from the usual "check that you allowed pagination" advice, what issue might these symptoms indicate?
    • By ottogal
      Hello all,
      using PW 3.0.148 with the regular site profile for a blog, I got an an empty pagination output when I had a Toggle field in the selector.
      The Toggle Fieldtype was introduced with https://processwire.com/blog/posts/pw-3.0.139/ .
      The selector resulting in empty pagination:
      $posts = $pages->find("parent=blog, sort=-date, limit=10, toggle_field=0"); It worked well, when I replaced the Toggle field with a Checkbox field:
      $posts = $pages->find("parent=blog, sort=-date, limit=10, checkbox_field=0"); So the prerequisites for the pagination to work are given.
      The settings for the Toggle field were:
      Formatted value: Integer Label Type: Yes/No Input Type: Toggle buttons Default selected option: No Thanks for any hints!
    • By MoritzLost
      Cacheable Placeholders
      This module allows you to have pieces of dynamic content inside cached output. This aims to solve the common problem of having a mostly cacheable site, but with pieces of dynamic output here and there.  Consider this simple example, where you want to output a custom greeting to the current user:
      <h1>Good morning, <?= ucfirst($user->name) ?></h1> This snippet means you can't use the template cache (at least for logged-in users), because each user has a different name. Even if 99% of your output is static, you can only cache the pieces that you know won't include this personal greeting. A more common example would be CSRF tokens for HTML forms - those need to be unique by definition, so you can't cache the form wholesale.
      This module solves this problem by introducing cacheable placeholders - small placeholder tokens that get replaced during every request. The replacement is done inside a Page::render hook so it runs during every request, even if the response is served from the template cache. So you can use something like this:
      <h1>Good morning, {{{greeting}}}</h1> Replacement tokens are defined with a callback function that produces the appropriate output and added to the module through a simple hook:
      // site/ready.php wire()->addHookAfter('CachePlaceholders::getTokens', function (HookEvent $e) { $tokens = $e->return; $tokens['greeting'] = [ 'callback' => function (array $tokenData) { return ucfirst(wire('user')->name); } ]; $e->return = $tokens; }); Tokens can also include parameters that are parsed and passed to the callback function. There are more fully annotated examples and step-by-step instructions in the README on Github!
      Features
      A simple and fast token parser that calls the appropriate callback and runs automatically. Tokens may include multiple named or positional parameters, as well as multi-value parameters. A manual mode that allows you to replace tokens in custom pieces of cached content (useful if you're using the $cache API). Some built-in tokens for common use-cases: CSRF-Tokens, replacing values from superglobals and producing random hexadecimal strings. The token format is completely customizable, all delimiters can be changed to avoid collisions with existing tag parsers or template languages. Links
      Github Repository & documentation Module directory If you are interested in learning more, the README is very extensive, with more usage examples, code samples and usage instructions!
    • By jacmaes
      I have a series of videos, and the following search form (translated into English here) that allows to filter these videos on the frontend:

I've built a few of these search forms, but only with text fields, selects and radio buttons. Here I'm using an array with checkboxes ("Level" field above), and it's causing me grief when I try to paginate these results. I've done a lot of searching in the forum and spent too many hours to try to get it to work. Here's how I'm building the selector:
      <?php if(count($input->get)): // Level is an array. Code adapted from Ryan's snippet here: // https://processwire.com/talk/topic/3472-enable-pagination-for-search-results/?tab=comments#comment-38042 if($input->get->level) { $level = array(); foreach($input->get->level as $id) $level[] = (int) $id; // sanitize to INTs $level = implode('|', $level); // convert to 123|456|789 string, ready for selector } else { $level = ''; } $data = array( 'training_type' => array('=', (int) $input->get->training_type), 'duration' => array('=', (int) $input->get->duration), 'level' => array('=', $level), 'limit' => array('=', (int) $input->get->limit) ); $selector = ''; // iterate through the $data we made above to create a selector string foreach($data as $field => $a) { list($operator, $value) = $a; if(empty($value)) continue; // send value to the whitelist so that it can be used in pagination $input->whitelist($field, $value); // append to our selector string $selector .= "$field$operator$value, "; } $videos = $page->children("$selector"); When I hit search, I get the expected results. So far so good. The GET parameters are the following with the options selected in the screenshot above:
      videos/?level[]=1476&level[]=1477&training_type=1473&duration=1485&limit=10 $selector echoes the following as the "level" field is an array with a pipe character:
      level=1476|1477, training_type=1473, duration=1485, limit=10 Now, when paginating these results, the following page (page 2) shows these GET parameters:
      videos/page2/?level=1476|1477&training_type=1473&duration=1486&limit=10 And I think that's where the problem lies. The "level" field is "lost" and I'm getting more results than expected on subsequent pages. If I manually add "page2" to the initial results in the URL, just to test, everything works fine:
      videos/page2/?level[]=1476&level[]=1477&training_type=1473&duration=1486&limit=10 But how can I achieve this in code? Do I need to revert to "level[]=1475&level[]=1477" instead of "level=1476|1477" for the pagination to work correctly, and can you PHP gods illuminate me?
      Any help would be really appreciated, really.
    • By MoritzLost
      Process Cache Control
      This module provides a simple solution to clearing all your cache layers at once, and an extensible interface to perform various cache-related actions.
      The simple motivation behind this module was that I was tired of manually clearing caches in several places after deploying a change on a live site. The basic purpose of this module is a simple Clear all caches link in the Setup menu which clears out all caches, no matter where they hide. You can customize what exactly the module does through it's configuration menu:
      Expire or delete all cache entries in the database, or selectively clear caches by namespace ($cache API) Clear the the template render cache. Clear out specific folders inside your site's cache directory (/site/assets/cache) Clear the ProCache page render cache (if your site is using ProCache) Refresh version strings for static assets to bust client-side browser caches (this requires some setup, see the full documentation for details). This is the basic function of the module. However, you can also add different cache management action through the API and execute them through the module's interface. For this advanced usage, the module provides:
      An interface to see all available cache actions and execute them. A system log and logging output on the module page to see verify what the module is doing. A CacheControlTools class with utility functions to clear out different caches. An API to add cache actions, execute them programmatically and even modify the default action. Permission management, allowing you granular control over which user roles can execute which actions. The complete documentation can be found in the module's README.
      Plans for improvements
      If there is some interest in this, I plan to expand this to a more general cache management solution. I particular, I would like to add additional cache actions. Some ideas that came to mind:
      Warming up the template render cache for publicly accessible pages. Removing all active user sessions. Let me know if you have more suggestions!
      Links
      https://github.com/MoritzLost/ProcessCacheControl ProcessCacheControl in the Module directory CHANGELOG in the repository Screenshots