Extending the admin "Save" button

thomas

I would like to extend the Admin Save button with another SaveAction but can't figure it out:

$this->addHookAfter("ProcessPageEdit::buildForm", $this, "editForm");

public function editForm(\Processwire\HookEvent $form) {
	$target = $form->get('submit_save');
	$target->addActionValue('test','Test','');
	$form->return = $form;
}

This gives me another small dropdown button with a single option.

I only managed to add another button to the form (not quite as elegant but would do the job) but my question is if it is possible to use ProcessPageEdits processSave() method and add to it? I need a button that would save the page, add a message and return to a custom URL in the admin.

Thanks!

thomas

It looks like ProcessPageEdit does not use the addActionValue() method but builds the dropdown independently: https://github.com/processwire/processwire/blob/3fc9f69da75e1bc4a3f0842f12a57bd6a1b65099/wire/modules/Process/ProcessPageEdit/ProcessPageEdit.module#L454-L491

Doesn't seems like it would be easy to modify that - probably via JS would be the only way. Maybe you could open a GitHub request asking to make it easier to modify that dropdown menu.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Don't know if anything changed since 2017 and just found this post by coincidence but wanted to show how this can be done easily now in 2020 ? 

3CDkwSX.png

$wire->addHookAfter('ProcessPageEdit::getSubmitActions', function(HookEvent $event) {
  $actions = $event->return;
  $actions[] = [
    'value' => 'foo',
    'icon' => 'check',
    'label' => 'foo',
  ];
  $event->return = $actions;
});

The value of the clicked submit action is stored in $input->post->_after_submit_action (you can hook Pages::saved or ProcessPageEdit::processInput)

• Like 3

• 2 years later...