404 error with Admin login

PhotoWebMax

Hi All,

I have been away for ever. I tried to update two 2.5 Processwire sites today. When I go to mysite.com/processwire I get a 404 error. Same thing with both sites. These run on the Hostgator server.

I tried the uncheck RewriteBase / method but still no luck?

All the site pages and image scripts work fine though.

What do I try next?

Thanks!

Anybody?

I did the chat thing with Hostgator but they could not help me. I currently cant access/edit two business sites at an important time. I am thinking about doing a deep vacuum and copying all the site content from the front end and rebuilding the sites from scratch? I have not really touched Processwire in some time and feel like the kid who forgot how to do algebra at the end of summer vacation. Which makes me wonder if I should be looking for a simpler platform? I no longer want to build sites for other people, just manage the content for own stuff...

Thanks...

Did you try to downgrade again (replace index.php/wire folder)? This might resolve your issue until you can figure out what's breaking on the upgrade. Also there're not really reasons to upgrade except you want to change anything on your pages, which is not like your second post sounded like.

I have not attempted any upgrade or downgrade to the PW system. 

I can access all the files and scripts on the server via FTP. The front end of the site functions just fine in a browser. All the links and gallery scripts work. But when I go to mysite.com/processwire/ to access the backend admin I get a generic 404 page error message in my site's regular content area. This is happening to two sites I have hosted at Hostgator, both running on PW 2.5...

For example to one template file, eg. home.php (and visit the home page to see it).

If you are concerned that others may see it you could echo it in a hidden div and see the page source for the url (but I don't think that few seconds could matter).