Invalid Module Name?

Adam

Have not had a lot of time to work on my module that seems to be never ending.

Almost got a fully working module, just got two issues

A: ProcessWire complains that the module name is invalid, no matter what it is

http://prntscr.com/beg9z6

B: Can't get the config values in a library that I am including, but thats an issue I will probably chase myself.

But that whole invalid module name might be causing me issues as installing the module produces a white screen and you have to refresh that to actually install it.

So would like to solve that before I try and fix my module config.

Below is the top of my .module file, if that helps.

class SAMLauth extends WireData implements Module, ConfigurableModule {

public static function getModuleInfo() {
    return array(
      'title' => "SAML Auth",
      'version' => "1.1.0",
      'summary' => "Add SSO through SAML with this handy ProcessWire module",
      'author' => "Adam Blunt",
      'href' => "http://adamblunt.me/samlpw",  
      'autoload' => true,
      'singular' => true           
      );
  }

Yeah didn't notice the caps was important, thanks for that.

Now got a second issue though

Need a php library file to be accessible through a web browser for callbacks.

But because the module directory is not web browsable I need to somehow make (processswire URL)\acs  somehow load up the acs.php file in my module directory

Any ideas on that last one?

This is the last hurdle before my module can be released, I know it's sort of a niche module, but if it helps me then I think I should release it once complete.

Glad you sorted out the name problem.

The simplest way for you to handle making acs.php url accessible is to instruct users of the module to move the file into the site root. You could try to do this programmatically on install, but the module may not have write permission so not good to rely on this. If the user has to manually move this is obviously more problematic for the user, so the best approach is probably to make a companion helper Process module and attach the process to a hidden page under Home > Admin. There a several example of this approach in the modules directory, but just because I just did this myself recently with Tracy, take a look at this: https://github.com/adrianbj/TracyDebugger/blob/master/ProcessTracyConsole.module

You'll see that it adds a page that can be called via a URL and assigns the Process to that page. Also note that the main Tracy module: https://github.com/adrianbj/TracyDebugger/blob/master/TracyDebugger.module#L38 installs this helper module automatically.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for that, defiantly a step in the right direction.

But how would I make that a publicly accessible page, being a callback for login users in it's kind of pointless putting it as an admin page as it then requires you to already be logged in.

I would assume that would require making some dummy templates within the module and then making the pages a child of the root or is the an easier way of doing it.

Ah sorry - yes of course that will be a problem for non-logged in users - didn't think that through :)

If you go with dummy templates you'll still need to create a template php file in the site/templates directory to include your acs.php file. I think the easiest option is going to be to simply instruct users of the module to move acs.php to the root of their site.

Another idea might be to check f the url contains acs.php and then hook on the pageNotFound to call a function which contains the logic from acs.php, eg: https://github.com/Notanotherdotcom/MarkupSitemapXML/blob/master/MarkupSitemapXML.module#L28

Maybe I am missing something else obvious - it's early and I am groggy!

• Like 1

Ended up using the pageNotFound hook like you suggested, works like a charm.

Still having some issues with the ProcessWire module config system, but will be easier just to bypass it and have users edit the settings.php file that the SAML library provides.

Now just need to clean up the code a bit and my module is complete, which is cool.

• Like 1

It's more of an issue with the library I use, it requires the settings to be in a settings.php file

and even when I use $this->setFuel it would not be accessible in that settings file for some reason, maybe because of the way it's included through a loader script.

But because this is a login system it's probably best if you can't edit it inside ProcessWire, prevents accidental locking yourself out if you know what I mean.