Magento 2 Released

Jonathan Lahijani

Looks like Magento 2 was finally released a couple days ago.

Anyone here a big Magento fan?  I did a couple projects with it back in 2009 and 2010, however to me, it only makes sense if the project has a very high budget given how much of a headache it is to deal with.

I'm all for using ProcessWire for ecommerce sites now.  Works great for the catalog portion when combined with something like FoxyCart, Snipcart or Padloper if you're willing to get more involved with code.

• Like 2

Hey @jlahijani, 

Franck from Snipcart here. TBH, this is pretty much the first time we hear about ProcessWire; looks like a quite interesting CMS. If you ever end up trying out a project with ProcessWire + Snipcart, give us a shout at geeks@snipcart.com, we'd love to help and see what comes out of it.

Cheers!

• Like 6

on the last major ec project i worked on we extensively researched magento, but alas it couldn't meet the requirements matrix, whereas wp/woo was able to; However i have 2 ec sites that have been a dream with fc+pw; and have been looking closely at snipcart, and of course padloper...

I think it is more reasonable to compare PW+Padloper||Snipcart||... not with Magento or WooCommerce, which are well established and feature rich but less configurable systems, but with Drupal+Commerce module. Drupal8 is out (with much more fanfares than PW 2.7 :)) and Drupal Commerse 2 is on its way to stable. For now it seems like we are not quite ready to compete with either, at least in the field of achieved. I think that can change as first Padloper projects will appear showing its true capabilities and as Antti releases his so long-waited shop profile.