MuchDev

JSON Sitemap

Hey guys, I know this isn't really a how to, but I am currently working on a system to inline above the fold css and was needing a json pagelist, and figured I would write something to automate it. I included the ability to flatten the tree or keep it expanded. There is also a filter section where you can exclude individual pages by path, parent, id, or template. This is all pretty bare bones and will pretty much just gives you a json array of your page paths, but that is all I needed. This is working code but you will need to clear out the filters for your own site. 

<?php 

/*  
 *  JSON SITEMAP GENERATOR
 *	By Sam Fleming -- MUCHDEV
 *  This will create a json sitemap for grunt or other purposes
 *  option includes flat / expanded. Use however you need 
 *  apply whatever filters you need to exclude in the filter array
 *  curently supports excluding by:
 *   	Path
 *   	Parrent
 *   	ID
 *		Template
 */

###########################################################
## SET HERE IF YOU WANT AN EXPANDED OR FLATTENED SITEMAP ##
$flatten = true;

##            YOUR PAGE FILTERS GO HERE                  ##
$filters = array(
    "paths" => array(
        "/processwire/"
    ),
    "parents" => array(
        "3211",
        "5",    
        "55",
        "98745"    
    ),
    "ids" => array(
        "1123",
        "5985",
        "321454",
        "15885",    
        "321115",
        "39"            
    ),    
    "templates" => array(
        "template1",
     "template2"
    )    
);

function buildSitemap($flatten) { 

$home = wire('pages')->get('/');

$urls[] = $home->httpUrl;	
	$urls[] = getChildren($home->children);

if($flatten){
		$flatArray = arrayFlatten($urls);
		return json_encode($flatArray);		
	}else{
		return json_encode($urls);
	} 

}

function getChildren($pages){

foreach($pages as $page){

//iterate through all the filters in array, and if the type matches then set flag to true
		$flag = false;		

foreach($filters as $filter){
			switch($filter){
				case "paths":
					foreach($filter as $path){
						if($page->path == $path) $flag = true;					
					}
					break;
				case "parents":	
					foreach($filter as $parrent){
						if($page->parrent == $parrent)$flag = true;													
					}				
					break;					
				case "ids":
					foreach($filter as $id){
						if($page->id == $id)$flag = true;													
					}			
					break;					
				case "templates":
					foreach($filter as $template){
						if($page->template == $template)$flag = true;													
					}				
					break;					
			}
		}

if(!$flag) $urls[] = $page->httpUrl;

//if page has children then recurse
		if($page->numChildren){
			$urls[] = getChildren($page->children);	
		}
	}

return $urls;
}	

function arrayFlatten($array) {
    $return = array();
    foreach ($array as $key => $value) {
        if (is_array($value)){
            $return = array_merge($return, arrayFlatten($value));
        } else {
            $return[$key] = $value;
        }
    }

return $return;
}

echo buildSitemap($flatten);
?>

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By louisstephens
      So I have been hard at work creating url segments for a template (api) and everything is working swimmingly in creating a simple end point for svelte.js. I have however, run into a few questions that I can wrap my head around.
      In my api template I have:
      if($input->urlSegment1 === 'clients') { header('Content-Type: application/json'); $clients = $pages->find("template=clients"); $client_array = array(); foreach ($clients as $client) { $id = $client->id; $title = $client->title; $url = $client->url; $clientName = $client->client_name; $clientColor = $client->client_color->value; $assigned = $client->assigned_to->user_full_name; $client_array[] = array( 'id' => $id, 'code' => $title, 'name' => $clientName, 'associated_users' => $assigned, 'url' => $url ); } $client_json = json_encode($client_array, true); echo $client_json; } The output json from this is:
      [ { "id":1644, "code":"abc", "name":"Test Name", "associated_users":null, "url":"\/pw\/clients\/abc\/" }, { "id": 1645, "code": "xyz", "name": "Test Name", "associated_users": null, "url": "\/pw\/clients\/xyz\/" }, ] I was curious is it possible to add in "clients" before this output json so it would appear as 
      clients: [ { "id":1644, "code":"abc", "name":"Test Name", "associated_users":null, "url":"\/pw\/clients\/abc\/" }, { "id": 1645, "code": "xyz", "name": "Test Name", "associated_users": null, "url": "\/pw\/clients\/xyz\/" }, ] I was not really sure of how to tackle this in my php code, and have spent more time than I care to admit trying to figure it out. Another question I have is that "associated_users" is returning null, which in this instance is correct. It is a multi page field that is set to pull a custom name field from the users template, ie "Louis Stephens" would be associated with the first page. I understand that I need to use a foreach to get the correct data, but I was really unsure of how to place this inside an array, or update the array with the new data. Any help with any of this would greatly be appreciated.
    • By Mike Rockett
      Docs & Download: rockettpw/markup-sitemap
      Modules Directory: MarkupSitemap
      Composer: rockett/sitemap
      MarkupSitemap is essentially an upgrade to MarkupSitemapXML by Pete. It adds multi-language support using the built-in LanguageSupportPageNames. Where multi-language pages are available, they are added to the sitemap by means of an alternate link in that page's <url>. Support for listing images in the sitemap on a page-by-page basis and using a sitemap stylesheet are also added.
      Example when using the built-in multi-language profile:
      <url> <loc>http://domain.local/about/</loc> <lastmod>2017-08-27T16:16:32+02:00</lastmod> <xhtml:link rel="alternate" hreflang="en" href="http://domain.local/en/about/"/> <xhtml:link rel="alternate" hreflang="de" href="http://domain.local/de/uber/"/> <xhtml:link rel="alternate" hreflang="fi" href="http://domain.local/fi/tietoja/"/> </url> It also uses a locally maintained fork of a sitemap package by Matthew Davies that assists in automating the process.
      The doesn't use the same sitemap_ignore field available in MarkupSitemapXML. Rather, it renders sitemap options fields in a Page's Settings tab. One of the fields is for excluding a Page from the sitemap, and another is for excluding its children. You can assign which templates get these config fields in the module's configuration (much like you would with MarkupSEO).
      Note that the two exclusion options are mutually exclusive at this point as there may be cases where you don't want to show a parent page, but only its children. Whilst unorthodox, I'm leaving the flexibility there. (The home page cannot be excluded from the sitemap, so the applicable exclusion fields won't be available there.)
      As of December 2017, you can also exclude templates from sitemap access altogether, whilst retaining their settings if previously configured.
      Sitemap also allows you to include images for each page at the template level, and you can disable image output at the page level.
      The module allows you to set the priority on a per-page basis (it's optional and will not be included if not set).
      Lastly, a stylesheet option has also been added. You can use the default one (enabled by default), or set your own.
      Note that if the module is uninstalled, any saved data on a per-page basis is removed. The same thing happens for a specific page when it is deleted after having been trashed.

• By louisstephens
      So I reread my first draft, and it made absolutely no sense (I deleted it to hopefully better explain myself).  I am trying to make a system (that to me is a bit complicated) utilizing jquery and processwire together. My whole goal is to put a url like https://domain.com/launch?first_name=jim&occupation=builder in a script tag on another site(just a localhost .php page) to then pull out the data for that person and append to divs etc. Basically, the initial script tag would point to "launch" which has a content-type of "application/javascript". Using jquery, I would pull out the persons name and occupation and then make a specific ajax get request to "domain.com/api" (in json format) for a look up of the person. Essentially then I could pull that particular person's information from the json data, and do with it how I please in the "launch" page.  In processwire, I have a page structure like:
      People -Jim Bob (template: person ) --Occupations (template: basic-page) ---Builder (template: occupation) ---Greeter (template: occupation) It is really just a bunch of people with their occupations and a few fields to the occupation template. With the "api" (template: api) url, I was hoping to return all the data (of people) in json format like:
      Example Format:
      { "id": 1, "title": "Jim Bob", "occupations": { "builder": { "id": 44, "title": "Builder", "years_worked": 1, "etc": "ect", }, "Greeter": { "id": 44, "title": "Greeter", "years_worked": 1, "etc": "ect", }, } } Where I get lost is really outputting the page names and nesting in the occupations into json. I have used Pages2JSON before, but I was a bit lost on how to implement what i was thinking.

I have access to all the local host files, but I was hoping to kind of build out a "system" where I could place the script tag/parameters in any project, and be able to interact with the data without doing an ajax call on the actual site. In a way, this would keep processwire handling all the data and requests, and my other "projects" just with a simple script tag. This might all be way too much/over complicated, but I couldn't quite wrap my head around how to achieve it. 
    • By Arunesh Dutta
      Hello all
      I am newbie.Wanted to know does processwire will allow to display external website content and other sources to my website using API powered by processwire
    • By louisstephens
      I have a script that is pulling in a json feed (will be attached to a cron job later) which looks like:
      $http = new WireHttp(); // Get the contents of a URL $response = $http->get("feed_url"); if($response !== false) { $decodedFeed = json_decode($response); } Everything there works well and I can pull the id, title, status (updated, new, sold) and other items from the decoded feed in a foreach loop. My whole goal is to create pages from the feed, but if the page has already been created, with all the same exact items from the json feed, I will need to "skip" over it.
      So far, I am running into a roadblock with my checks. I guess I need to compare the json to all my pages and their values and:
      1. If an id already exists, check to see if a fields data has been updated and then update the page,
      2. If an id exists and all fields are unchanged, skip adding that page

$http = new WireHttp(); // Get the contents of a URL $response = $http->get("feed_url"); if($response !== false) { $decodedFeed = json_decode($response); foreach($decodedFeed as $feed) { $u = new Page(); $u->template = $templates->get("basic-page"); $u->parent = $pages->get("/development/"); $u->name = $feed->title = $feed->id; $u->title = $feed->title; $u->status = $feed->status $u->body = $feed->title; $u->save(); $u->setOutputFormatting(false); } } else { echo "HTTP request failed: " . $http->getError(); } I am really just hung up on how to do the current page checks and matching them with the json field data.