I'm thinking of trying out ProcessWire for a web app I'm starting to work on. The main reasons I've thought of it are:
- I've used PW for a few sites and love it
- I'm loathe to build a good access control system from scratch
- I could use the PW admin as the admin for my app, and so wouldn't need to build one from scratch
- I'm interested to try out PW in an app format
- I could use all that I learn about PW in this project for other PW projects.
The main hurdle I'm thinking about so far is how to adapt PWs CMS style user system to one that is more like a SAAS app (i.e. users can belong to a specific account, which in turn can only access data ("Pages") that belong to that specific account).
Has anyone tried something like this with PW? Am I nuts to think it might be a good idea?
Thanks for any thoughts on the subject