Add New Sibling | Edit Prev or Next

renobird

Hi Ryan,

When adding and editing siblings, going back and forth to the page tree seems to slow down the process quite a bit.

What if there were links to some common things like: prev, next, add new (or add sibling) when you are in edit mode?

I attached a quick mockup, not necessarily for placement purposes, just as a visual aid. :)

I'm still very new to PW, so there might be better methods already, just thought I would throw this out there as a feature request.

post-474-0-31972500-1332527302_thumb.gif

• Like 2

There is a module to automatically put you back to the right place in the page tree (ListAfterSave) that can speed things upa bit when adding lots of new content, but that's not quite the same.

I do miss some options I had in MODx - Save & Contnue Editing, Save and Exit and Save & Add Another Page (can't remember the short names for them any more). I do like your idea of next and prev as well, and would be reasonably easy to do in PW. I keep meaning to have a look at this so might give it a dabble this weekend.

• Like 1

I tend to use the breadcrumb that will open the tree again. Or sometimes use cmd click (mac) to open in new tab.

Also useful I found my DataTable module that enables to edit many pages faster as I open them in a modal.

But of course this would also help and I think easy to do with a module.

There is a module to automatically put you back to the right place in the page tree (ListAfterSave) that can speed things upa bit when adding lots of new content, but that's not quite the same.

I did try this module for a while but found it of limited use.

I do miss some options I had in MODx - Save & Contnue Editing, Save and Exit and Save & Add Another Page (can't remember the short names for them any more).

Ah, I like the sound of that. Gives you the options you need, right where you need them.