How to build a pro / contra list input?

pwFoo

I try to build a small tool and need one or two inputfields to collect examples (like a defined count of pros and cons). 

The simple way could be two textareas (pros and cons) with the textformatter module Newlines to Unordered List. So the input will be converted to lists.

But is there a better way? A more comfortable UI / inputfield?

Do you need this in the Backend or for the Frontend. There's the ProField Multiplier, which you could use on the frondend as well. But for the frontend I would rather suggest using a simple base markup (some wrapper and inputfield) and clone this via javascript, while using your suggested variant to store things. 

To buy ProField Multiplier is over-sized for the planed small private project / tool. 

Backend solution with textarea and textformatter should do it. Frontend could be a simple form to submit entries. So text field with some javascript could do the job. I take a look how to build it that way. Thanks!

What about singleField Template with Title as Item and two Parents one for pro and one for contra + a pagefield list with the add new function

so on the template u need the list simple setup the two pagefields for pro and contra....should be good UI.

pagetree:

--someparent

---somepage (here we need the list -> add the two pagefields for pro and contra)

--somewhere hidden page settings or whatever

----proparent

-------here saved all the pros from all lists...

-------another pro

-------and so on

----contraparent

-------you get the idea...

best regards mr-fan

Hi mr-fan,

good idea, but maybe with each 2-5 cons / pros (1-2 sentences) it could be a lot of pages. 

UI should be the best (out of the box). So I'll test it!. Thanks!

*UPDATE*

Add new item is also a textarea with with one line per pro / con. So input new values isn't an improved UI, but have a sorting feature.

Select box isn't needed because no duplicates expected.