Unable to add new language

lindquist

I'm running a EasyPHP installation on my Windows 7 box.

I'm installing Processwire 2.5.21 , which works fine. Install succeeds (after upping the xdebug nesting level to 300), and I play around a bit. No problem. I install the multi-language profile.

As soon as I go to "Add new language" and do that, when I click the Submit button, I'm presented with a blank page.

Any attemt afterwards to view the site or admin panel is futile, and always just gives me a load of errors.

Error: Exception: SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'pages.name1020' in 'where clause' (in C:\easyphp\data\localweb\projects\hellehewau.com2\wire\core\PageFinder.php line 292)

#0 [internal function]: PageFinder->___find(Object(Selectors), Array)
#1 C:\easyphp\data\localweb\projects\hellehewau.com2\wire\core\Wire.php(365): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#2 C:\easyphp\data\localweb\projects\hellehewau.com2\wire\core\Wire.php(320): Wire->runHooks('find', Array)
#3 C:\easyphp\data\localweb\projects\hellehewau.com2\wire\core\Pages.php(199): Wire->__call('find', Array)
#4 C:\easyphp\data\localweb\projects\hellehewau.com2\wire\core\Pages.php(199): PageFinder->find(Object(Selectors), Array)
#5 [internal function]: Pages->___find('path=/backstage...', Array)
#6 C:\easyphp\data\localweb\projects\hellehewau.com2\wire\core\Wire.php(365): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#7 C:\easyphp\data\localweb\projects\hellehewau.com2\wire\core\Wire.php(320): Wire->runHooks('find', Array)
#8 C:\easyphp\data\local
This error message was shown because you are logged in as a Superuser. Error has been logged.

Really not sure how to go about this. Any ideas? I'm interested in upgrading an existing to Processwire, but this is a pretty early showstopper so far :-(

Thanks

I just tried with a Blank profile. After installing the language support module and language fields module, I added a language successfully. But I'm a bit afraid that I will suddenly break the site ... Should I just pretend this never happened? Should I use the stable version instead?

I am not sure if maybe this problem is back, or certain MySQL configurations are still causing issues.

Here is some further reading: 

https://processwire.com/talk/topic/8759-cannot-add-new-language-in-latest-dev-bug/?p=88530

https://processwire.com/talk/topic/5286-switching-fields-to-language-fields-produces-fatal-errors/

I'll make sure it is made aware that this still seems to be an issue.

What version of MySQL are you running?

• Like 1

I just tried a reinstall of the multi-language profile, when adding the new language (I name it "da"), the blank page is presented as I said, with this in /site/assets/logs/errors.txt

2015-03-03 23:32:51	admin	http://127.0.0.1/projects/pw2/processwire/setup/languages/	Error: 	Exception: SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'field_title.data1020' in 'field list' (in C:\easyphp\data\localweb\projects\pw2\wire\core\DatabaseQuery.php line 106)  #0 C:\easyphp\data\localweb\projects\pw2\wire\core\Pages.php(517): DatabaseQuery->execute() #1 C:\easyphp\data\localweb\projects\pw2\wire\modules\Fieldtype\FieldtypePage.module(170): Pages->getById(Array, NULL) #2 [internal function]: FieldtypePage->___wakeupValue(Object(User), Object(Field), Array) #3 C:\easyphp\data\localweb\projects\pw2\wire\core\Wire.php(365): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #4 C:\easyphp\data\localweb\projects\pw2\wire\core\Wire.php(320): Wire->runHooks('wakeupValue', Array) #5 C:\easyphp\data\localweb\projects\pw2\wire\core\Page.php(831): Wire->__call('wakeupValue', Array) #6 C:\easyphp\data\localweb\projects\pw2\wire\core\Page.php(831): FieldtypePage->wakeupValue(Object(User), Object(Field), Array) #7 C:\easyphp\data\localweb\projects\pw2\wire\core\User.php(332): Page->getFieldValue('language') #8 C:

not sure if this is helpful at all, let me know if there is something I should do. Thanks