Advice for master detail best approach with users

manlio

After you help me to solve my previous problems, now I'm facing how to design a master detail approach for users.

I'm still learning a lot of the basics so I'm sorry to bother you again.

In a part of the website I had a structure like this

home

-courses

--course1

--course2

--course3

and I had the page courses (master) that was based on a template "courses" from which I could go from a map marker field based directly to the children page (detail).

Now I want to setup something similar but this time I'm dealing with users so they are in the

admin->access->user.

Now I have created a standard page instructors that should act as a master page and I would like to know which is the best way to deal with children. Should I create an instructors child page called instructor and than pass variables?

I was thinking to use Url segements (to have something like mywebsite/instructors/instructor1 etc.. but I'm not sure If they are the right solution here and I have no experience with that).

So many option and I'm not sure where to go. Could you point me to the right direction?

Thank you in advance.

Yes, this is right. You need to enable url segments for the instructors template and check for conditions at first. If no url segment is set, display a instructors list with (url-segment)-links to their children pages. If a segment is present, validate it! and if valid, display the childpage of that instructor.

• Like 1