"Name format form children" option generates empty untitled pages

mikelexp

Interesting - I am not seeing that behavior, although I did see something like it with the API, but was fixed here:

https://github.com/ryancramerdesign/ProcessWire/issues/425

What I am seeing is that I can't Publish the page when using the Name Format for Children option. Doesn't matter how many times I save it, unless I uncheck "UnPublished" - then it will publish.

Unless someone else chimes in shortly with any hints, I would recommend a Github issue for Ryan and point him to this thread.

Maybe this is important: I found out that this happens every time I create a page from the parent's "Children" tab. If I create a child from the page tree, everything is fine.

It looks like it creates 2 untitled pages and then goes to edit the second one, leaving the first behind.

I should also mention that I have not installed any site modules yet, and only some very simple templates and fields are created.

Edit: the bug is also present when creating pages from the "Add New" button in the Admin home.

Edited by mikelexp

@mikelexp thanks for the video and the GitHub issue report. I've not been able to duplicate the issue here, though have tried a few times now duplicating your exact steps in the video and trying out some variations. As a result, I think we need to take a closer look at your installation:

1. What other 3rd party modules are currently installed?

2. On the template used by the parent page where you are adding children, what are the current "family" settings? I'm especially interested in what it says for the "Name format for children" field.