ProcessWire on Ohloh

selfthinker

Thanks for adding it there Selfthinker. That's interesting that it says PW is mostly written in Javascript. I'm guessing it's getting that from TinyMCE, jQuery and jQuery UI. Collectively the source code length for those 3 things would definitely exceed ProcessWire's. I'm mildly offended that it says "few source code comments" :) .. but of course, if it's counting all the JS stuff, then it's counting minified JS with comments removed. I bet it would give us more respect for comments if it weren't counting all the JS.

I noticed that, looked into it and several people are pointing out these flaws to the admins over there, but apparently it's just a case of how their scanner works.

You'd think it would be easy enough to train it to ignore jQuery and popular editors such as TinyMCE though as surely that skews all of the stats for most web-based projects.

Still, it's yet more coverage which is good.

That's interesting that it says PW is mostly written in Javascript. I'm guessing it's getting that from TinyMCE, jQuery and jQuery UI.

You'd think it would be easy enough to train it to ignore jQuery and popular editors such as TinyMCE though as surely that skews all of the stats for most web-based projects.

You actually can do something about that: You can add all third-party code to the files to ignore here => https://www.ohloh.net/p/processwire/enlistments/463503/edit (You can get there over "Development > Enlistments > Choose files to ignore")

I don't think many projects use it, though. Which is a pity, because that would make their statistics much more accurate.

And yes, their scanner has some problems. I've seen some issues in many other projects as well. But it's still interesting if you are aware of it and take it with a pinch of salt.