switching to new database

Pablos

I've had a problem with a database which I was unable to repair. The affected site is only a few pages, so rather than spend ages trying to recover the tables, I've updated the content on my local server and exported that database. I've created a new database on the production server and imported the tables from the local version, but I can't get processwire to use the new database. I've changed the database entries in site/config.php, but it doesn't seem to have made any difference. In fact, as a test, I completely removed config.php and the site still loaded, so it doesn't seem to be doing anything.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Paul

Paul...if you removed /site/config.php/ you should get a 500 internal server error on both front and backend; the site should not be able to work. Additionally, if you check your /site/assets/logs/errors.txt, you will see an error logged along the lines of "Invalid catalog name: 1046 No database selected".

I am guessing that you probably have several PW installs on that host and are most likely manipulating the wrong files ... :-)

Edited by kongondo