Top 'Save page' button don't work.

manddar

Works for me too. Hit reload in your browser twice, just in case an older JS file might still be cached. Then try again. If it's still not working, let us know the info Soma mentioned (browser and PW version).

Just had a message from a client. They found teh top save button doesn't work.

I tested in IE since they use IE. And it does not save content, although the page reloads normal like when saving.. but no change/save message. It works when using bottom save button.  ???

Can you double check that it's not a cache problem in IE (perhaps an older version of JS file cached). Since I don't use it often, I'm not exactly sure how force IE to refresh everything short of actually clearing it's cache. If after double checking it's not a cache problem, let me know which version of IE.

Btw, I'm temporarily without an IE test machine. My OS X upgrade wiped out my virtual machines somehow, otherwise I'd test it now. Just need to take a day to get all the virtual machines going again.

Thanks Ryan.

It's in all IE and not sure whats causing, definately not cache...

http://www.peterbe.com/plog/button-tag-in-IE

I think its beacuse its twice, or a button and not an input... If you read this Link... Its first post is from 2005, last from 2011. And yet MS has done  nothing to fix it. :/

EDIT: Strange thing is when saving with top button, it reloads page and says "Session: Changed Title" ... but it's not saved.

I think easiest would be to just leave out top button on IE, until we fixed it. It's not very nice, since it will lose content entered... :(

EDIT: I've temporarely put a

if(!$.browser.msie){ 
}

in the templates-admin main.js around the top button duplication on line 21. So nothing can happen, and IE won't have that button on top.

I quickly went through main.js. I just realized I really have to dive in some frontend coding here, right after I (finally) finish the public design :)

Edit: I am already in bed, but will check current frontend this weekend, after I put together test install to see what can I do with this.

• 2 years later...

I'm having the same issue in Google Chrome Version 31.0.1650.57m, PW version 2.3.0.3.
Already checked the cache and reloaded it 5 times, but it still does not work.

Edit: Just checked another PW-instance running PW Version 2.3.0, no problem to safe pages with top-button.

Edit2: I guess I found the Problem, I'm using "Futura Remixed Admin Theme", this theme seems to cause the Issue.

• 2 months later...

Hmmm... Actually I'm having the same problem on Chrome (Mac) with the Teflon 1.0.3 Theme by Soma on PW 2.3 :/

* EDIT * Just upgraded the Teflon theme to version 1.0.4 and all is working now.