Upper-right Save button not working in various themes, incl. default

MarcC

I've noticed recently that I have a number of ProcessWire installs for clients where the upper-right "Save" button no longer works. I noticed a GitHub issue about this, but it seems to have to do with third-party admin themes only. I was able to replicate the problem with the default PW theme on two separate installs. I've only seen this happen in Chrome so far, so I need to do some more testing.

A client emailed me yesterday to ask if I would remove that "annoying" Save button at upper-right because she just lost a bunch of work when she went to save a page. :-( Another client, using the default PW theme, said their website is not saving changes, and I've narrowed it down to this single button. So I figured I'd raise it here and see if anybody has a lead on this issue. A client who prefers to use that button asked me if there's any solution, and I told her that the current solution seemed to be removing the button. :D For now I removed the button with CSS.

If anybody has more information on this, please let me know. Thanks!

MarcC,

Works fine for me in Chrome. What version of PW are you using. I have tested in both stable (2.3.0.) and dev versions (2.3.9.) - default and default "warm" themes respectively. Am on Win7.

What do they mean "it doesn't work"? Errors? What happens?

Edit: Dev - tested "Warm", "Classic" and "Modern"...all work fine in FF and Chrome.

Edited by kongondo

Thanks, kongondo. This is in stable, plus a few sites running 2.2.x. (Edit: this may be restricted to my 2.2.x sites) Do you think it could have something to do with the server environment? The post-save message indicates a change has been made, but my changes to fields are gone unless I use the bottom save button.

I narrowed it down to two browsers on that website; the default theme's upper-right save button does not work in Chrome and IE, but it does work fine in FFX and Safari. I re-tested in 2.3.0 and couldn't replicate the problem, so I think it was something else for that site/client. So far this seems to be affecting 2.2.x. I'm curious to know what the difference in the button functionality might be. One of my 2.2.x sites is not trivial to upgrade, since it is a high-traffic financial services website.