possibly messed up the 404 handler?

horst

I get this Errormessage when calling a page that doesn't exist.

I think I have disabled / messed up the correct handling of 404 codes by PW, but don't know where.

How can I correct it?

<br />
<b>Fatal error</b>:  Exception: Template file does not exist: '/www/htdocs/site/templates/tools.php' (in /www/htdocs/wire/core/TemplateFile.php line 67)

#0 /www/htdocs/wire/core/TemplateFile.php(55): TemplateFile->setFilename('/www/htdocs/w01...')
#1 /www/htdocs/wire/core/Page.php(1260): TemplateFile->__construct('/www/htdocs/w01...')
#2 /www/htdocs/wire/modules/PageRender.module(297): Page->output(true)
#3 [internal function]: PageRender->___renderPage(Object(HookEvent))
#4 /www/htdocs/wire/core/Wire.php(359): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#5 /www/htdocs/wire/core/Wire.php(317): Wire->runHooks('renderPage', Array)
#6 /www/htdocs/wire/core/Wire.php(381): Wire->__call('renderPage', Array)
#7 /www/htdocs/wire/core/Wire.php(381): PageRender->renderPage(Object(HookEvent))
#8 /www/htdocs/wire/core/Wire.php(317): Wire->runHooks('render', Array)
#9 /www/htdocs/wire/modules/Process/ProcessPageView.module(433): Wire->__call('render', A in <b>/www/htdocs/index.php</b> on line <b>225</b><br />

<p class='error WireFatalError'><em>This error message was shown because site is in debug mode ($config->debug = true; in /site/config.php). Error has been logged. Administrator has been notified. </em></p>

I don't know why it checks for a template file 'tools.php'. I have called childpages from different parents that have templates 'basic-page', 'gallery', etc. but no one uses the template 'tools'.

Edited by horst

Let me guess you have language support? Im not sure anymore what the problem was but exactly but it bypassed the render function and renders 404 instead so you can't switch language in those cases.

@Ryan. Ooh, - it was based on the default Basic-Profile, but have switched to use Spex and have created many Fields, Templates and Pages.

During this I (must) have set the Template of the http404 page to tools. :wacko:  Switched back to basic-page template it works as expected again!

Thanks Ryan.

• Like 1