Internal Server Error during installation

Bram Wolf

** SOLVED **

Hey Guys,

I've been trying to install process wire on my server but without much luck.

I tried the grabpw.php install file and downloading and uploading the complete

package to my server manually. When I go to the URL to install it I do get the

first screen where it says click here to start install. But once I do I get the following: 

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, support@one.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I tried lookong up if the log would give me any info but I couldn't find anything about this.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this? Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Bram Wolf

Hey Guys,

Thanx for the replies but I must admit im pretty much a horrible noob to all of this so, I have no clue where I can find out if one.com runs apache or not,

I did check their configuration panel but couldn't find anything. also LAMP stacks sounds like magic to me <:( 

btw @ kongondo, the script only came as far as telling me what was and what wasn't turned on and I believe it did say something like it couldn't check

if I had apache and that in some cases they couldn't only check it when .htaccess was on in place, maybe that helps?

and if that is the problem, one.com doesn't have apache, how could I fix that? or can I do so at all?

Bram

Yes I did, but didn't have to fill it in anywhere since I didn't get that for in the installation process. 

and indeed, I was already wondering if that was a good idea but I figured I didn't know what

to look for and maybe you guys did so :P but! the file is gone now, thanks for the headsup :)

No worries,

Have you tried to install again? Same thing happened? If it still doesn't work, I can have a quick look. PM me if you wish me to do so..I notice however that it seems your mysql version is 5.0.8 and PW recommends 5.0.15 or greater. Anyway, let me know :)

The Problem here was that I had to rename the htaccess.txt to .htaccess and in addition comment out the two active ones out of the three optional lines at the top. That did the trick! Maybe it's an idea to place a note with installation process? since I was under the impression that the system was going to do this for me since it's all automated and stuff? :P just a thought :)

The Problem here was that I had to rename the htaccess.txt to .htaccess and in addition comment out the two active ones out of the three optional lines at the top. That did the trick! Maybe it's an idea to place a note with installation process? since I was under the impression that the system was going to do this for me since it's all automated and stuff? :P just a thought :)

The system actually does rename the htaccess.txt to .htaccess for you, and when it can't, it gives you an error message asking you to rename it. In your case, it sounds like there may have been some other factor interrupting your installation, or maybe something about the way grabpw works? Grabpw is a handy tool in many situations and in environments that support it, but it's an alternate option, not the default one. So for anyone else reading the thread, if you attempt install with grabpw and get a 500 error, try installing using one of the methods outlined in the readme file. 

• Like 1