Unable to log into admin ($session write issues) using vagrant

RodolfoDengo

Hello I setup a virtualbox VM using vagrant to run porcesswire in it.

Everything is working correctly but the admin login, when I go to log in and enter an incorrect password I do get an error but when I enter the correct password nothing happens

Enabling debug mode I see the following error which makes me suspect there is some permission thing going around but even setting the whole project to 777 does not resolve this.

this is the error I get

Warning: Unknown: open(/vagrant/rhythm-site/site/assets/sessions/sess_0kjq43fglrh5dqgiqfe4p24ms4, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0 Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/vagrant/rhythm-site/site/assets/sessions) in Unknown on line 0

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi and welcome to PW.

I haven't used vagrant, so I am not sure why there would be an issue with the PHP session path, but have you checked that PHP can write to: /vagrant/rhythm-site/site/assets/sessions

• Like 1

PHP definitely can't write to /vagrant/rhythm-site/site/assets/sessions/, as that's essentially what the error message says. With no file or line number, it appears the error must be coming internally from PHP. Maybe there is something about your PHP configuration that doesn't allow overriding of the session save path? You could try removing this line from /index.php:

if(ini_get('session.save_handler') == 'files') ini_set("session.save_path", rtrim($config->paths->sessions, '/'));