local development issues

kyle

I got a new mac today and I am trying to get everything up and running.  I have PHP, mySql, and apache installed and running.  But I am having issues getting processwire to work correctly.  Previously I had windows and was running XAMPP and everything was working great.

Right now I am having issues logging in and displaying content using <?=?> syntax.

Loggin In

I am getting the "This request was aborted because it appears to be forged." error.  I have created the cache and sessions folder in assets.  Their permissions are 755 (drwxr-xr-x).  There is a config file with permissions 644 (-rw-r--r--).

Syntax

It wont let me use the <?=?> syntax.  In the code I typed <?=$results->title?> but it was rendered as <!--?=$results--->title?>.  I really have no idea about this one...

I'm assuming the two are related, but I am not really sure... Any insight would be extremely helpful.

Edit: php is version 5.3.15

@arjen

The short tags was in fact the issue!  Thank you very much.

I had previously seen that post and tried the suggestions but I have the cache, logs, and sessions folders created and set to the right permissions.  When I add $config->protectCSRF = false; to the config file the error doesn't display anymore but it doesn't log me in.  Also commenting out Options +FollowSymLinks  and Options +SymLinksifOwnerMatch did not help.

All the files should be the same because I am using git for version control.  I previously had the issue when I pushed the site to my development server on my VPS, but that was due to me not having the sessions and cache folders. 

I got a new mac today and I am trying to get everything up and running.  I have PHP, mySql, and apache installed and running.  But I am having issues getting processwire to work correctly.  Previously I had windows and was running XAMPP and everything was working great.

Install MAMP and you'll be happy. :) I don't even bother experimenting with the AMP stuff that comes bundled with OS X. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...