/* Template changes in bulk -- let's publish all events */

$pa = wire("pages")->find("template=event");
foreach($pa as $p) {
	$p->setOutputFormatting(false);
	$p->removeStatus(Page::statusUnpublished);
	$p->save();
	echo "Done with {$p->title}; {$p->status}<br>";
}

The result of the code above is "Done with [event title]; 1" for every already published page, and no unpublished pages have been touched. What am I doing wrong? I'm trying to publish every page with the event template. This is modified code from a bulk editing thread.

I noticed that somebody else said he couldn't get a similar thing to work because a module was causing problems. I wonder which one?  :-[

Thanks.

A good way is to use more specific selector. 2 is parent ID of admin pages, and it will only return unpublished pages.

$pages->find("template=event, has_parent!=2, status>=" . Page::statusUnpublished);
  • Like 2

has_parent!=2

OK...I don't understand that yet...has_parent!=2, so I guess has_parent is returning the ID of the parent? And the admin pages' parent is 2...how does that relate to being published or not?

OK...I don't understand that yet...has_parent!=2, so I guess has_parent is returning the ID of the parent? And the admin pages' parent is 2...how does that relate to being published or not?

Ups, was a bit too late at night. It has nothing to do with unpublished but I usually trying to exclude admin pages when retrieving "all" pages, but it doesn't really make sense her as we already have template defined which no page under /processwire/ will usually have.

Also kongondo is right with it's even better to use "status=unpublished" :)