Reorder repeater items via API

Adam Kiss

Hm, not only it does not help, I'm now even more confused. It seems that I could call something like $page->repeater->sort('value'), when exporting it, but… that doesn't work. (I realized that I can use sorting as well, don't need reordering)

Bah. I hope Ryan/Soma/Kongondo will notice this. :)

Hm, not only it does not help, I'm now even more confused. It seems that I could call something like $page->repeater->sort('value'), when exporting it, but… that doesn't work. (I realized that I can use sorting as well, don't need reordering)

Bah. I hope Ryan/Soma/Kongondo will notice this. :)

Wow! Adam has put me in privileged company!!?! My two minutes of fame :D. I couldn't code my way out of a brown paper bag if I was put in one! Hehe. Sorry, your query is way above my pay grade.... ;)

• Like 1

@Horst - it is more of my limited brainpower in this tropical heat, you've linked me to good content though. Thanks.

@Kongondo - you're such a disappointment.  :D

---

On a more serious note, ->sort() works. But you can enter just one repeater field (not multiple, as I've tried, although that seems to be in the works, as @Ryan noted in the code ;) ), and the field must exist (yeah, that one's on me).

• Like 2

On a more serious note, ->sort() works. But you can enter just one repeater field (not multiple, as I've tried, although that seems to be in the works, as @Ryan noted in the code  ;) ), and the field must exist (yeah, that one's on me).

What version of ProcessWire are you using? 2.3 and newer (at least) should supporting sorting by multiple fields in WireArray / PageArray.