File upload error

tron1000

Hello everybody,

I tried to install a file upload plugin for TinyMCE called «inupload». All works fine, until I hit the upload button in TinyMCE. The upload window pops up, but inside there is the following error message:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /processwire/wire/modules/Inputfield/InputfieldTinyMCE/plugins/inupload/inupload.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

This also happened with another plugin I tried. Can anyone help me with that?

Thanks a lot!

tron1000

Welcome tron1000.

If you put stuff in /wire/ core it will get overwritten if you update PW.

Custom stuff and plugins belong to the /site/ or /site/modules folder.

I guess it's that php files aren't allowed to be accessed inside site or wire folder and blocked by htaccess.

In TinyMCE you have a configuration field you can install plugin from within a folder outside. Look for example this thread http://processwire.com/talk/topic/1655-add-bramus-cssextras-plugin-to-tinymce-inputfield/

• Like 1

Hmm … I still have trouble with third party plugins and tinymce. I'm sorry, if I ask very noobish questions …

I now installed a plugin called jbimages in my custom folder site/tinymce/plugins and activated it for my textfield. The upload button appears in the editor, but when I hit it, the text in the appearing popup contains source code (I don't understand) and upload doesn't work. (See screenshot).

The same plugin worked fine, when it was in wire/modules/Inputfield/InputfieldTinyMCE/tinymce-3.5.8/plugins.

Any help woud be very appreciated. Thanks in advance, tron1000

image_upload.png

You might try to see if you can get another plugin working. I seem to recall that we saw issues with some TinyMCE plugins where paths were hard-coded in the module so that they wouldn't work unless they were right in the TinyMCE main plugins folder. I think CodeMagic had this issue. 

Hi Ryan

Thanks for your help! You where completely right. There was a link in the module to one of TinyMCE's javascript files. (tiny_mce_popup.js). I changed the path and now it works perfectly.

By the way, I'm a big fan of Processwire. I always kept my hands off all CMS, because it seemed so difficult to me to have functionality and freedom for the design at once. With PW everything seems possible. Great work!

tron1000

• Like 2