Admin page item tree not displaying properly

Barry

I've been developing a site on a test server for a while now and all has been well. This evening it went live and I transfered all the files and the DB over to the live server. Again, all was well, but now I see the page items tree in the admin in the following state (see attached screenshot) and can't seem to fix the issue.

I attempted to to do a clean install of Processwire and got the error that I had to update my version of PHP from 5.2.0 (or was it 5.0.2, I forget). I discontinued the clean install as I'm not able to update the PHP version myself as the client's el cheapo hosting won't allow this directly.

In debug mode I get the following error:

Notice: Indirect modification of overloaded property DatabaseQuerySelect::$from has no effect in /wire/core/DatabaseQuerySelect.php on line 108

This error also occurs on line 131, 122 and 90. 

I'm assuming this has something to do with the PHP version, but as that isn't something I can change in the near future, I'm hoping for a solution in the core that will allow for the system to function normally again. Any and all feedback would be appreciated!

post-568-0-52777700-1364088164_thumb.png