Problem with Page Autocomplete using findReady hook not saving data

Kiwi Chris

Not sure whether it's a bug, an inherent limitation of hooking findReady, or that I need to hook some other code as well, but I've found that while hooking findReady can allow me to modify the list of selectable pages for page Autocomplete inputfield for page fields without problem, on save, the data is not saved, and editing the page or reloading always comes up with blank data.

This is a scenario where I've provided a selector string in the input tab of the admin UI to configure the field, and then use the findReady hook to read data from this string and modify it to return the correct page list.

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this, or come up with a solution?

1 hour ago, Kiwi Chris said:

This is a scenario where I've provided a selector string in the input tab of the admin UI to configure the field, and then use the findReady hook to read data from this string and modify it to return the correct page list.

I think the key thing will be to make sure the selector string you've defined in the field settings does not exclude any pages that you might want to include in the modified selector coming from your findReady hook. In other words, any selector in the settings should be broader than the selector from the hook. This is because any pages set to the inputfield will be validated against the field settings on save. I would make the field settings very broad (e.g. just a template) and then narrow this in your hook.