Request for Input: What features should a PW calendar module have?

bernhard

2 minutes ago, monollonom said:

(what do you input here?158210032_Screenshot2024-09-11at14_14_03.png.e546f06f98ce41692d69697334db48e8.png )

There you can input 1,2,3 for "every 1st monday".

Thx for the question, I added this:

hiEB6M6.png

With that ui really complex rules are possible and imho quite easy to understand:

HVyYIza.png

Don’t you think a <select> would be better in this case? To show “1st”, “2nd”, “3rd” and “4th” (or nothing) (“5th” also possible, but rarer)

Or do you want to be able to say “Every 6 monday“ to have a 6-week gap in-between two mondays? In which case the “1st” placeholder would not make sense.

Edited by monollonom

• 3 weeks later...

Appreciate the gesture, @bernhard, but I know how difficult it can be to work with recurrence and all of the edge cases therein. Even if just for testing, I'd rather pay you for your work!
🙂❤️

Catching up on life right now, but saw you posted the intro video, hope to watch it soon! Not sure I can immediately use the module, but excited to test it out!!

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have been totally out of the loop working on a contract, but I saw the video release and now have read over this thread!

Looks great, especially if you need to maintain public calendars. I was working around the code for FieldtypeRecurringDates but this looks like a full-featured alternative for appointments and other simpler event management.

Something to think about, and it may already be on your roadmap but...

For sites that include more extensive event descriptions, or reusable chunks of complex metadata or descriptions, it would be nice to be able to associate pages with an event - or perhaps an event rule?

Is their an external page association you can set to an event/event rule in addition to the event title and description paragraph? Either from the  calendar side via a page selector, or on the external page side from a multiselect dropdown field?

It would be nice to be able to link an outside event information page - which describes everything - to an event on the calendar.

I'll have to grab this later and see if there are some sync options to dev. Would be nice to be able to sync to a google calendar or acuity, bonsai, calendly, clickup, etc.

Hey @gornycreative thx for your questions 🙂 

7 minutes ago, gornycreative said:

For sites that include more extensive event descriptions, or reusable chunks of complex metadata or descriptions, it would be nice to be able to associate pages with an event - or perhaps an event rule?

Is their an external page association you can set to an event/event rule in addition to the event title and description paragraph? Either from the  calendar side via a page selector, or on the external page side from a multiselect dropdown field?

It would be nice to be able to link an outside event information page - which describes everything - to an event on the calendar.

I think all that is already possible. RockCalendar uses regular PW pages and PW templates, so you can add any fields you want, eg TinyMCE or also Page Reference Fields.

7 minutes ago, gornycreative said:

I'll have to grab this later and see if there are some sync options to dev. Would be nice to be able to sync to a google calendar or acuity, bonsai, calendly, clickup, etc.

Yeah, that would be nice 🙂 I might need this for the project that I built RockCalendar for, but not sure yet and for sure not before 2025. But if anyone needs it earlier just let me know.

• Like 1