[solved] - Don't get any output - Error: Call to a member function render() on string in \site\modules\RockFields\RockPageBuilder.module.php:1535

hi @bernhard,

trying to set up RPB 5.5.4 in
PW 3.0.240

there's no working site "out of the box" after installation, regardless the site template i use.

<div id="content">
	Homepage content  
	<?php echo $rockpagebuilder->render() ?>

</div>

gives the mentioned error

Fatal Error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function render() on string in C:\wamp64\www\oh1\site\modules\RockFields\RockPageBuilder.module.php:1535 Stack trace: #0 C:\wamp64\www\oh1\site\templates\home.php(18): RockPageBuilder->render() #1 C:\wamp64\www\oh1\wire\core\TemplateFile.php(328): require('C:\\wamp64\\www\\o...') #2 C:\wamp64\www\oh1\wire\core\Wire.php(413): TemplateFile->___render() #3 C:\wamp64\www\oh1\wire\core\WireHooks.php(968): Wire->_callMethod('___render', Array) #4 C:\wamp64\www\oh1\wire\core\Wire.php(484): WireHooks->runHooks(Object(TemplateFile), 'render', Array) #5 C:\wamp64\www\oh1\wire\modules\PageRender.module(581): Wire->__call('render', Array) #6 C:\wamp64\www\oh1\wire\core\Wire.php(416): PageRender->___renderPage(Object(HookEvent)) #7 C:\wamp64\www\oh1\wire\core\WireHooks.php(968): Wire->_callMethod('___renderPage', Array) #8 C:\wamp64\www\oh1\wire\core\Wire.php(484): WireHooks->runHooks(Object(PageRender), 'renderPage', Array) #9 C:\wamp64\www\oh1\wire\core\WireHooks.php(1094): Wire->__call('renderPage', Array) #10 C:\wamp64\www\oh1\wire\core\Wire.php(484): WireHooks->runHooks(Object(HomePage), 'render', Array) #11 C:\wamp64\www\oh1\wire\modules\Process\ProcessPageView.module(184): Wire->__call('render', Array) #12 C:\wamp64\www\oh1\wire\modules\Process\ProcessPageView.module(114): ProcessPageView->renderPage(Object(HomePage), Object(PagesRequest)) #13 C:\wamp64\www\oh1\wire\core\Wire.php(416): ProcessPageView->___execute(true) #14 C:\wamp64\www\oh1\wire\core\WireHooks.php(968): Wire->_callMethod('___execute', Array) #15 C:\wamp64\www\oh1\wire\core\Wire.php(484): WireHooks->runHooks(Object(ProcessPageView), 'execute', Array) #16 C:\wamp64\www\oh1\index.php(55): Wire->__call('execute', Array) #17 {main} thrown 

as i am not able to setup RPB at all i wonder if PW 3.0.240 has an error (or - more likely - me myself & I)

#0 C:\wamp64\www\oh1\site\templates\home.php(18): RockPageBuilder->render()

This tells me (and you) that you are not using $rockpagebuilder->render() but RockPageBuilder->render() ?

$rockpagebuilder is the RockPageBuilder API variable, "RockPageBuilder" is just a string. The error tells you that you are trying to call the render() method on a string. Use $rockpagebuilder->render() instead.

• herr rilke changed the title to [solved] - Don't get any output - Error: Call to a member function render() on string in \site\modules\RockFields\RockPageBuilder.module.php:1535
15 hours ago, bernhard said:

you are not using $rockpagebuilder->render() but RockPageBuilder->render() ?

No, error is in RockPageBuilder.module.php:1535. ?