CMS suddenly empty(!) - seemingly out of the blue

joe_g

Hi all,

I had this happening on a clients site today. The CMS doesn't show and there is some js errors. There hasn't been any code changes, or changes in general from what I know. But I suppose something must have changed.

Not sure where to start figuring this one out, any ideas are very much appreciated!

image.thumb.png.b4832aafaedd20ab93f31f10140a705f.png

@joe_g In addition to what Bernhard mentioned, I would figure out the location of the prepareInjection.js file at the top of your JS console. That looks like a React file, and I'd wonder why it's loading here. Perhaps it's coming from some module? You should be able to click on it to identify the location, or view your Network tab and find it. You might see it coming from some site/modules/ModuleName/ directory? If so, try temporarily disabling that module to see if that's the issue. 

Thank you both for your quick responses!

Things started working again. I think what happened is the sysadmin was messing with CSP settings in nginx without telling anyone, causing a slight panic.

In the mean time i got this screenshot from Brave that makes no sense at all. It's complaining about GTM and Cookiebot, that I load on the front end (but not in the backend, I suppose?!?)

to be continued - thanks again! It's nice to know it's possible to get help in these cases. I'll update as soon as I know the full story.

image.thumb.png.700a0b049d09d2569c196c2d43d0fa28.png

@joe_g It looks to me like you've got an autoload module that's injecting scripts into your admin (a cookie content module or SEO type module?). Such a module should only be injecting scripts into the front-end, and not into your admin. So I would identify what module is doing that and stop using it, or update it to only load on the front-end. It you can identify what module it is, let me know and I can suggest what to change about it. Likely it's just a change to 1 or 2 lines. 

• Like 1

Thanks Ryan,

So there is nothing wrong with any module or js, or anything with processwire. The sysadmin started changing the settings in nginx. The message doesn't stem from cookiebot, it comes from an nginx error, from him adding an exception to cookiebot.

False alarm, but many thanks for the help. It was a sysadmin that didn't update us others 🙂