Devin: The first AI Software Engineer

kongondo

• 2 weeks later...

Theo_gg had a really solid take that I believe is applicable to many disciplines being threatened by the AI incursion.

If you need an excuse to stop coding, Devin is more than willing to provide you with that excuse.

If you don't want to stop coding, Devin will absolutely not take away the need for you to provide innovative and custom solutions.

AGI may be more of a threat, but still - we are at a point where AI is able to teach and perform things for people that someone already knows how to do. And you can get really far with this, but it is not the endless threat.

Think about how valuable it will be as part of the singularity to be exposed to every post on Twitter. There's a lot more junk than AI knows what to do with at this time. Once that changes, life is going to get interesting. It will be different.

I don't think people will be interested in having their freedom curbed because a machine is better at determining their motives and endgame than they are. I say this as someone who has worked in business intelligence, where this comic ABSOLUTELY indicates how interested people are in giving authority to numbers and facts:

image.gif.20ad71344b5112852d941d101bdb28fb.gif

• Like 1

The concept of Devon, the first AI Software Engineer, sure raises some interesting points about the future of coding and AI integration. While AI can be incredibly helpful in automating tasks, I believe there will always be a need for human innovation and custom solutions. Have you thought about using Monday project management to stay organized and focused on your coding projects? It could be a great way to ensure that you're leveraging AI tools effectively while still maintaining your creative edge.