Website with user generated content – how to?

ngrmm

My next project will be a website where registered members can create profile pages and projects as subpages of their profile page
I have researched and tried a few ways and this is my favorite way so far:

My page tree would have the following structure

- Home
-- Profiles
--- Profiles 001
---- Project A
---- Project B
--- Profile 002
---- Project A
-- Admin
--- Access
---- Users
----- Profile 001

– User registration runs through the LoginRegisterPro module.
– during the user-registration another profile-page besides the own PW-user is created in the page-tree via API.
– Per AdminRestrictBranch the display in the backend is restricted, so that the module FEEL can be used for editing the profile page and the associated subpages.
– I would like to avoid any page tree view and let user edit their profile and project only via FEEL and some buttons on frontend (add new Project, delete project, unpublish profile, …)

The PW own user page would only be used for authentication or password  reset. Therefore I would create another profile page with fields for text and images. 

Can this be solved more elegantly? Are there other modules I'm not aware of?

I did something similar to this with a website for a photography club. In this case the equivalent of your projects would be competition entries.

I wrote a custom dashboard module for this and hooked into ready.php to prevent display of the normal page tree for normal admin users, used AdminRestrictBranch, and ListerPro from a link in the dashboard module, so users could list, edit, and create just pages that belonged to them.

• Like 1