PW 3.0.228 – Core updates and Pro module updates

ryan

Last week we had a big update of Pro modules and this week we have another batch of Pro module updates. These are now posted and available for download in the relevant boards: 

• ProDevTools Profiler Pro (v3)
  • ProDevTools Sitemap XML (v4)
  • ProDevTools ProcessWire API Explorer (v5)
  • ProDevTools User Activity (v7)
  • LoginRegisterPro Frontend File Inputfield (v3)
  • FormBuilder Stripe Processor (v3)
  • FormBuilder Stripe Inputfield (v9)

If you use the ProcessWireUpgrade module, it can also tell you when Pro module updates are available. In addition to the Pro module updates, we also have a new dev branch core version available: 3.0.228.

ProcessWire 3.0.228 primarily focuses on fixing newly reported issues. We'll likely merge this version to the master/main branch sometime early next week because it contains a couple of fixes that belong on the master/main branch. For instance, there was a bug with ProcessWire's pages_parents table (present for the last year) that could affect the result on has_parent selectors in some situations. There was also a bug found by @Robin S where ProcessWire's image fields weren't using the stored/cached value for width/height on images, and instead was pulling it from the image file, which takes more time. So for image-heavy pages, 3.0.228 theoretically could offer a nice performance benefit (especially in the page editor), and is a worthwhile upgrade. Thanks for reading and have a great weekend! 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

Is anyone having issues with selectors on the last few updates? I just had to rollback a big site which was showing issues in multiple parts. Unfortunately I don't have time right to make a clean install to reproduce the scenarios but just wanted to communicate in case someone else is having issues. For instance, I have this selector:

'template=ad, parent=1082, ad_status=1, sort=-verified, sort=-created, city_id|cities=11669,created_users_id!=41,title!=test|Test'

Which worked just fine, but when updated the same find operation returned 0 pages found.

I was able to debug this because the title field in the selector was only used with guest users so that the admin users copuld see these Test pages created, but guests do not.  I had to change the selector to the following to make it work again:

'template=ad, parent=1082, ad_status=1, sort=-verified, sort=-created, city_id|cities=11669,created_users_id!=41'

Notice that I removed:

title!=test|Test

So you can imagine my confused face on how would this cause an issue to not find any page at all.

The site is on 3.0.215 and and important detail might be that it is using multilanguage.

@elabx title!=Test|test seems to work okay in testing here. Though note that there's no reason for the OR condition there, unless you've manually converted your database collation to be case sensitive, which I don't think I've heard of anyone doing before. Other parts of your selector to look at would be the created_users_id!=41, since that would exclude all pages created by the original superuser. Also city_id|cities=11669 seems like it might be worth removing temporarily to test as well, since it looks like it's two different fieldtypes (integer and page field?). In any case, if using 3.0.215 you probably want to update to 3.0.228. 

Thanks crew for jumping in!

I know this situation is really really odd and I want to dive into what might be happening because I reproduced the same behaviour in live and on my local ddev environment. And went back and forth between 3.0.215 and 3.0.228 to confirm, it also caused issues in other parts where certain results where expected, so I'll dig in those too.

6 hours ago, ryan said:

In any case, if using 3.0.215 you probably want to update to 3.0.228. 

Actually the issue is with 3.0228! Is this the moment where I learn not to upodate/deploy on friday? haha

6 hours ago, ryan said:

Other parts of your selector to look at would be the created_users_id!=41, since that would exclude all pages created by the original superuser. Also city_id|cities=11669 seems like it might be worth removing temporarily to test as well,

Will definitely do some detective work and come back to report.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2023 at 12:47 PM, ryan said:

Last week we had a big update of Pro modules and this week we have another batch of Pro module updates. These are now posted and available for download in the relevant boards: 

Hi Ryan,

Would it be possible to create a more streamlined way for your 1st party commercial modules to be downloaded?  I have licenses for most of them and grabbing them all one-by-one through the respective forum threads is less than ideal.  Too much friction.

Ideally, if they could be upgraded via ProcessWireUpgrades module (although I think I understand your hesitation doing it that way), or if there were some sort central control panel on processwire.com/talk/ (or just processwire.com), that would be a nice upgrade.

• Like 6