Processwire site running very slow

Nishant

• 9 months later...

Hi all - I recently started getting the GET_LOCK error on an old client's website for the API calls that are being made. The VPS web and MySQL servers are separate (have been for a while) and are hosted on DreamHost. I just can't seem to get a handle on it. I tried to uninstall SessionHandlerDB and that led to more problems so I reverted the change. I have SessionHandlerDB v0.0.6 and PW v3.0.227.

When I uninstalled the module, I immediately got an error that said :

Compile Error: Declaration of WireMailSmtp::attachment($filename) must be compatible with WireMail::attachment($value, $filename = ") (line 550 of site/modules/WireMailSmtp/WireMailSmtp.module This error message was shown because: you are logged in as a Superuser. Administrator has been notified. Error has been logged.

Note that I will see that error every now and then now too when I go to the modules pages in the admin portal.

After I uninstalled it, I reverted by restoring the "modules" and "sessions" database tables to get things back up to a state where the site loads again.

There was a beta version of the module that @netcarverhad posted in another forum thread. I tried that too, but to no avail.

Any ideas? Things to check?

Thanks for any help and tips!

Short update.  I was able to uninstall SessionHandlerDB successfully now and the errors have stopped.  But the site remains very slow and the API calls are intermittently quick and then VERY, VERY slow.  I have Dreamhost looking into the issue because I truly believe it is an issue with the MySQL VPS (and/or the networking) they have my client on.

• Like 1

Consider checking 404 logs and see if there's excess traffic to nonexistent pages. If so, and depending on you are handling those and if they are pages that take a lot of database power to generate, handle accordingly.

Bad traffic can sometimes cause performance issues. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the responses, guys. After a bunch of back and forth with Dreamhost, I ended up asking them to move us to a different web VPS and MySQL VPS.  After they did that, the problem disappeared!  Still not sure exactly what the issue was (my GUESS is either a network issue or another VPS on the same hardware causing an issue), but glad we got it figured out.

• Like 1