Modules::saveConfig Hook does not fire anymore [SOLVED]

Today I have discovered a strange behavior: On the latest dev version of ProcessWire my Modules::saveConfig Hooks does not fire anymore. This hook should fire after a module configuration has been saved.

I got no entry inside the error logs and testing it with Tracy does not give me any information. The hook runs inside the init function inside a module:

public function init():void
    {
        $this->wire->addHookAfter('Modules::saveConfig', function(HookEvent $event) {
            $event->message("You saved the module config");
        });
    }

The method above is only for testing purposes, but it outputs nothing if I hit the save button of the module configuration (BTW: I have tested it with addHookBefore and addHookAfter and also with Tracy bd() calls).

I am not sure that this issue is since the ProcessWire 3.0.219 but I have discovered the issue there and this hook has worked in the past.

Does someone discover the same issue or has an idea, what a possible reason could be?

Thanks in advance

• Juergen changed the title to Modules::saveConfig Hook does not fire anymore [SOLVED]

I'm not sure this is ok, as saveModuleConfigData is: "@deprecated Please use saveConfig() method instead". saveConfig() is hookable and it should fire, so not sure what's going on. Maybe others have an idea?

• Juergen changed the title to Modules::saveConfig Hook does not fire anymore

@Juergen I'm updating this in wire/core/Modules.php:

public function ___saveModuleConfigData($className, array $configData) {
        return $this->configs->saveConfig($className, $configData);
    }

to this:

public function ___saveModuleConfigData($className, array $configData) {
        return $this->saveConfig($className, $configData);
    }

I think that'll fix it, though let me know if you find it still doesn't work. Thanks.

• Like 2

• Juergen changed the title to Modules::saveConfig Hook does not fire anymore [SOLVED]