Problems with skyscraper profile

stemalo

I installed skyscraper profile and everything went fine. But if I select a skyscraper I get this error below. Anyone knows how to get rid of this or what causes this problem?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Fatal Error: Uncaught TypeError: count(): Argument #1 ($value) must be of type Countable|array, null given in site/templates/includes/skyscraper-page-table.php:35

#0 site/templates/includes/skyscraper-page-table.php (35): count(NULL)
#1 site/templates/includes/skyscraper-page.php (9): include('/home/webpages/...')
#2 wire/core/TemplateFile.php (327): require('/home/webpages/...')
#3 wire/core/Wire.php (414): TemplateFile->___render()
#4 wire/core/WireHooks.php (951): Wire->_callMethod('___render', Array)
#5 wire/core/Wire.php (485): WireHooks->runHooks(Object(TemplateFile), 'render', Array)
#6 wire/core/WireFileTools.php (1484): Wire->__call('render', Array)
#7 site/templates/skyscraper.php (18): WireFileTools->render('/home/webpages/...', Array)
#8 wire/core/TemplateFile.php (327): require('/home/webpages/...')
#9 wire/core/Wire.php (414): TemplateFile->___render()
#10 wire/core/WireHooks.php (951): Wire->_callMethod('___render', Array)
#11 wire/core/Wire.php (485): WireHooks->runHooks(Object(TemplateFile), 'render', Array)
#12 wire/modules/PageRender.module (575): Wire->__call('render', Array)
#13 wire/core/Wire.php (417): PageRender->___renderPage(Object(HookEvent))
#14 wire/core/WireHooks.php (951): Wire->_callMethod('___renderPage', Array)
#15 wire/core/Wire.php (485): WireHooks->runHooks(Object(PageRender), 'renderPage', Array)
#16 wire/core/WireHooks.php (1059): Wire->__call('renderPage', Array)
#17 wire/core/Wire.php (485): WireHooks->runHooks(Object(Page), 'render', Array)
#18 wire/modules/Process/ProcessPageView.module (184): Wire->__call('render', Array)
#19 wire/modules/Process/ProcessPageView.module (114): ProcessPageView->renderPage(Object(Page), Object(PagesRequest))
#20 wire/core/Wire.php (417): ProcessPageView->___execute(true)
#21 wire/core/WireHooks.php (951): Wire->_callMethod('___execute', Array)
#22 wire/core/Wire.php (485): WireHooks->runHooks(Object(ProcessPageView), 'execute', Array)
#23 index.php (55): Wire->__call('execute', Array)
#24 {main}
thrown (line 35 of site/templates/includes/skyscraper-page-table.php)

This error message was shown because: you are logged in as a Superuser. Error has been logged.

7 hours ago, stemalo said:

#0 site/templates/includes/skyscraper-page-table.php (35): count(NULL)

If you look at that file, you see that in line 35 it calls the count() function and passes it the variable $architects. From the error message we know that $architects is NULL. Before PHP 8.0 I believe this would have been fine, but now it’s a fatal error. Further up in the same file, the $architects variable is assigned:

$architects = $page->get('architect');

$page is the skyscraper you’re trying to view, so it’s trying to get the value of that skyscraper’s field called “architect”. It’s a page reference field for multiple pages. That fieldtype always gives you a PageArray, so even if the skyscraper has no architects you should still get an empty PageArray and not NULL. The fatal error would not occur. So how could $page->get('architect') end up being NULL? The most likely possibility is that the template doesn’t have a field called “architect”.

Now if you check out install.sql, it looks like there is only a field called “architects”, which makes sense because it’s a multiple page reference field.

So I’d say you’ve found a bug in the site profile. The line I quoted above should say architects instead of architect.

• Like 4