Maximum session length for User Switcher

Robin S

Hi @adrian,

Sometimes I want to spend a whole day using User Switcher so I'm wondering if the maximum session length could be increased beyond 60 minutes.

I'm sure there must be a good reason why it has a limit, so if it would potentially cause problems to raise the limit for everyone maybe there could be some $config option that would define the session limit?

Thanks.

Hi @Robin S

Honestly, I am not really sure there is a need for a time limit at all. Given that only a superuser can start a session, I am not really sure we need a limit different from whatever the PW session timeout is in config.php

Let me take a look - I think I can probably remove the time limit and just ensure that the session is killed when the panel is closed or if you click the End Session button.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, adrian said:

I think I can probably remove the time limit and just ensure that the session is killed when the panel is closed or if you click the End Session button.

The no time limit sounds good, but I usually close the panel after I've switched user because it takes up screen real estate. Maybe just the End Session button would be enough, or maybe force the User Switcher icon into the debug bar when it's active (currently you can exclude that icon from the debug bar while a User Switcher session is active, although I don't know why anyone would do that). Thanks.

3 minutes ago, adrian said:

How do you exclude the icon from the debug bar? Am I forgetting about a feature of my own module ? ?

We're on the same wavelength - I meant turning it off in the Panel Selector. ?

Ending the session if/when someone does that sounds like a good idea.