Fatal error editing page with repeater field with APC enabled

adrian

My page with the repeater field views perfectly, but when I go to edit it, I get this error.

Error: Cannot call overloaded function for non-object (line 71 of xxx/usaus-h2o-dev/wire/modules/Inputfield/InputfieldPage/InputfieldPage.module)

If I disable APC then everything works fine. Not sure if there might be an APC setting that can be tweaked or something in PW that can be fixed.

Just to clarify, I am using PHP 5.4.11 and APC 3.1.14

What version of ProcessWire are you running? If it's 2.2.12 or 2.2.13 then this is line 71 of InputfieldPage.module:

if(is_string($value) || is_int($value)) {

In terms of environment, mine is very similar to yours, but slightly older: PHP 5.4.4 and APC 3.1.9. 

Ryan,

That code is on line 71 for me also. I checked out the dev version within the last couple of weeks.

Maybe it's an APC config setting at my end. When googling the error I did notice lots of results mentioning the big name CMSes and APC seems like the most common culprit. To be honest, I went back to using pages rather than the repeater anyway. It was for a staff directory and I want users to be able to find the people via the search function and be able to display individual pages for each staff member, so repeaters weren't going to work in the end anyways.

I can help debug though if you'd like - I still have the repeater fields set up, just unpublished.

Since it seems to be specific to the most recent version of both PHP and APC, lets wait it out unless it turns up for more people--maybe there's a bug in APC or PHP. Did you try clearing your APC cache, just in case?

When I was trying to figure out the error, I stopped APC and it editing the repeater fields worked fine. I have since restarted APC and I can actually edit the fields fine again now, so I guess that restart cleared whatever the problem was in the cache. Hopefully just a weird one off issue?

Rebooting has fixed more problems in more computers than any other solution ever. I suppose the same could apply to things like restarting APC. :) I'm guessing that made it clear the cache that was holding it up. But keep an eye out for it. What turns up once might again. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It seems I have a problem with repeater, too. I'm using PW version 2.3 and after adding a repeater field (containing two simple fields image and text) and saving, the page crashes and I get this feedback:

Error:     Maximum function nesting level of '100' reached, aborting! (line 170 of C:\xampp\htdocs\mickolsvn\home-dream\wire\core\Data.php)

I cannot enter the site in admin panel again. When I upin the repeater filed everythings comes back to normal.

Any ideas folks?

• 1 year later...