Padloper 1 vs 2 feature comparison list?

PWaddict

Congrats on releasing Padloper 2 ?

Can you show us a feature comparison list between Padloper 1 & 2?
I'm Padloper 1 (dev) owner and I would like to know if it's really worth paying x6 the price of the first version.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2022 at 6:55 PM, PWaddict said:

Congrats on releasing Padloper 2 ?

Thanks!

On 4/9/2022 at 6:55 PM, PWaddict said:

I'm Padloper 1 (dev) owner and I would like to know if it's really worth paying x6 the price of the first version.

TL;DR

No; I will not provide a feature comparison list of Padloper 1 versus Padloper 2 for the sake of validating the price of the latter. The simple reason is that it is a futile exercise. Pricing a product takes into account so much more than a features list ?.

Longer Read

Pricing a product is not as simple as your post implies. If it was simply a matter of adding new / more features, pricing most things in life would be straightforward. All we'd have to do is add a new feature and subsequently increase the price. Fortunately, that is not how the real world works. For instance, at what point will the law of diminishing returns kick in? Or, at what point does the product become unaffordable to most users simply because more features were added? Assuming a product was priced at x and I add 20 new features, should I then price it at 20x?? If 20x is beyond reach for many customers, do I then stop adding features so that I can freeze the price at 20x? Should I remove features so that I can reduce the price? Your proposition also implies that all added features are equal with respect to their object and/or perceived values. So, if I add 1 feature, the price should go up commensurately. I guess you get my point by now. However, let's talk a bit more about this.

Pricing a product is a delicate combination of various factors. Some of these include, in no particular order:

1. Perceived value.
  2. Objective value.
  3. Product Features.
  4. Inflation.
  5. Customer service.
  6. Market place.
  7. Competition.
  8. Quality of product.
  9. Other market forces.

The above is not an exhaustive list and some of the points could probably be merged into one. Tempted as I might to digress into an economics pricing class 101, I'll pass and just make a few more comments.

With no relation whatsoever to the current pricing points for Padloper, my opinion is that Padloper 1 was under-priced. Not just my opinion, by the way, as various people have privately told me this (unsolicited comments).

If you are still wondering whether you need Padloper 2 then you probably don't need Padloper 2 ?. Padloper 1 will work just fine in your case. Those who need Padloper 2 know it and know why they need it.

So, in answer to your question, no; I will not provide a feature comparison list of Padloper 1 versus Padloper 2 for the sake of justifying the price point of the latter. It is pointless to do so as the intricacies of pricing any product are much more complex than your question implies. As for the features of Padloper 2, I'll add these to the new Padloper website in due course. Meanwhile, you can get a glimpse of these from my original post. Demo videos are also on the way.

• Like 2

Thanks for the reply.

You know better how to price your own product but I'm not talking about that. As I'm a Padloper 1 owner it would be really helpful if I knew what Padloper 2 has to offer me that Padloper 1 don't, in order to help me decide if it's worth investing on it since there is no upgrade option with an "attractive discount" as you originally planned (btw, that would probably be an instant upgrade ?)

Since we agree to disagree, I will wait for the new Padloper website to check all features, demo videos etc...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 5/28/2022 at 1:02 PM, kongondo said:

Videos are taking much longer than planned. I have a demo site though. I can give you access to the backend if that would help?

Thanks and sorry for not responding sooner but on the last months I've been busy with other stuff. By the time I will I finish those you will probably already have the website, demos etc. ready.

Btw, will you brink back the padloper.pw or the new Padloper "website" will be on processwireshop.pw?

• Like 1