FormBuilder Pages Edit

huseyin

Hmm, maybe try to explain better. Formbuilder is not used for creating pages, it is used for creating forms and saving input in meaningful manner to PW. You can just insert created form with formbuilder to any template on frontend, it is not connected to creating pages and templates as far as I know. 

I know the "Submit a site" form on the PW Showcase site is creted with formbuilder.

By submitting the form it save the data as a PW page. So it creates a page.

What i want to know is;

Assume i have created page like showcase page at the above example.

Can i use the formbuilder to let someone edit this pages data (like address change, phone number change etc)...

1- if this page was created by formbuilder.

2- if this page was NOT created by formbuilder.

Officially, the Formbuilder module cannot edit pages.

But there are already discussions in the internal forum about how to implement it (hooks etc. - but not OOTB!), but i never tested this Addons and i dont know if this addons work!

2 hours ago, zoeck said:

Officially, the Formbuilder module cannot edit pages.

But there are already discussions in the internal forum about how to implement it (hooks etc. - but not OOTB!), but i never tested this Addons and i dont know if this addons work!

Thank you.

This is clear answer.

I tested the following and works, but I never used it in production: If you render your form in the template using the Custom Embed method (Option C), you can pass the page information as an array to the same form using the render method (https://processwire.com/api/ref/form-builder/render/) to pre-populated the values (field names and array names must match). When the form is submitted, you update the page related. For this, you need to implement a mechanism to know when the form is in ADD mode or EDIT mode, maybe using urlSegments, or a hidden field in the form, or different template for each action.