Strange DB connecton errors with wrong DB name

gebeer

Hi all,

On one of my clients installs which is hosted by Strato, I quite sporadically get DB connection errors like:

Exception: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2003] Can't connect to MySQL server on 'keepsake.store.d0m.de'

The server address is wrong here. It always has the store.d0m.de part in it with varying subdomains like trick, whemper etc. 

The actual address in config.php is rdbms.strato.de.

So how can PW possibly try and connect to that wrong address? Does it point to a hacking attempt or is something wrong with Strato's internal DB server routing during high load times?

Anyways, just posting this to see if anyone else has seen behaviour like this before. I'll also ask the Strato support and hope they can shed some light... 

26 minutes ago, gebeer said:

So how can PW possibly try and connect to that wrong address? Does it point to a hacking attempt or is something wrong with Strato's internal DB server routing during high load times?

No reason to worry there. rdbms.strato.de is big load balancing server that hands off the connections to other computers in the store.d0m.de domain. The error says that the individual backend server doesn't respond. That might e.g. be due to a high load there or a bad timing when a switch over to a different server occurs, so Strato support are the only ones who can shed some light on the real cause.

• Like 3

At least you're not alone, @gebeer:

Error: Exception: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2003] Can't connect to MySQL server on 'beavis.store.d0m.de'
Error: Exception: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2003] Can't connect to MySQL server on 'letty.store.d0m.de'
Error: Exception: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2003] Can't connect to MySQL server on 'perspicacia.store.d0m.de'

but last event is 6 months in the past on my sites.

• Like 2