Pages without title field

joshuag

Does anyone know if it is possible to have templates & pages without a title field.

I seem to run into a lot of cases where I don't need a title in my data structure and I end up making some excuse about how I can accomodate the title field in my data.

As an example, lately, I am just dynamically populating the title field with a unix timestamp... just to fill something in to the title when I am creating pages with the APi. I don't need to view the titles of the pages I am creating in the page tree. and I don't need this field for anything in my data, output, selectors, anything really.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

• Like 1

You could use the name of the page for the title. I know it's redundant, but either than the space it takes, i don't see any disadvantage.

edit: I didn't see netcarver's answer before posting

Setup > fields > title > advanced tab > turn off global flag > save > remove from templates where you don't need it.

I think that should fix it -- but don't know if that's the official way to do it.

Yes!! This is the best ever! I am a little ashamed that I didn't know that I could do that :P Thanks!