PW 3.0.123 – New master

ryan

Wow, it's awesome when you see all the new features in a list like that. It really brings it home how active the development of PW is.

What if we had a dedicated page on the new processwire.com for recording the history of added features? Not a changelog - which would be nice but I expect would be time-consuming to maintain and duplicate information that is already available in the GitHub commit history. But something more high-profile and permanent than a blog post, so people who are just discovering the PW website for the first time can be made aware of the speed at which PW is developed.

I know from experience with some other content management systems that PW blows many competitors out of the water when it comes to the frequency that new features are rolled out, and it would be great to highlight that.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Robin S said:

I know from experience with some other content management systems that PW blows many competitors out of the water when it comes to the frequency that new features are rolled out, and it would be great to highlight that.

This!

• Like 5

I've been out of the loop for a while (my day job doesn't involve a lot of development) but I'm starting to use Processwire again for a couple of projects. Dating back to when I used it originally I noticed that not only were new features added very quickly, they were usually added for people (like me) requesting things that other CMS platforms might have said "no, you can't do that". Here we have Ryan saying "I noticed you trying to do X so I added feature Y to the core which should save a lot of work". Glad to see this pace is still continued and makes me feel like I'm in some cool "elite" group that has access to some secret magic that users of other platforms miss out on.

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...