PW 3.0.114 – Core updates

ryan

ProcessWire 3.0.114 is a relatively minor core version update. Most of the ProcessWire stuff I've been working on this week isn't quite ready to commit/release, so will save for later. This version adds a $database->supportsTransaction() method that returns a true or false as to whether or not the current DB engine supports transactions. Or if you give it (as an argument) the name of a table in the database, it'll return a true/false specific to that table. This version also adds importFiles() and replaceFiles() methods to $page->filesManager, which is what manages all the files for a page. These methods aren't likely to be useful in site development, but are useful for a module I'm working on, and maybe useful to other modules, so I went ahead and added them. Finally, probably the most interesting update in this version is that modules can now specify autoload order. This is something that Adrian requested, as TracyDebugger needs to load before other modules, so this update simplifies that. If you develop a module that has a similar need, be sure to see the notes for the autoload getModuleInfo() property in the Module class. That's all there is this week, so I'm not going to do a blog post this week, but stay tuned for more next week! Have a great weekend.

• Like 23

I think that autoload order should be an extra setting instead of choosing between boolean|string|callable|int. Because of that you could choose to use a condition and also give it an order. For example, only execute the module in the backend or when a special user role is active, and then load it with high priority.

• Like 3