Back after over a year away

NooseLadder

I haven't been here for well over a year due to change of personal circumstances and I haven't been able to keep up to date with the newsletters or any progress made with the project. I just have a few simple questions:

1. Is the download still available for the blog layout, I couldn't seem to find it. It used to be an option on the download page if I remember correctly? How would I set up a blog site today?

2. Has anyone any experience using PW to set up an Amazon Associate affiliate site? I guess essentially it would just be a simple blog layout with posts including contextual and image affiliate links. I think most people use Wordpress as there are custom themes and plugins available made for Amazon specifically. I think the plugins simplify the process of inserting the affiliate links and targeting different Amazon Geo Account areas. What I mean is you have to separate accounts if you want to target Amazon US, Amazon UK, Amazon Canada etc and use the appropriate links from each account on your website.

I'll need a fully responsive css layout but I have done that before with PW.

I'll probably be creating many niche sites so a rinse and repeat process is what I am looking for.

I'm juggling PW vs WP as I have not practiced html, css, php etc for all of this time and I am looking to get something live as quickly as possible.

Your thoughts much appreciated as always. 

Welcome back NooseLadder. Is it already a year ago ? Time really flies man. I remember your posts very well.

How would I set up a blog site today?

Here you go:
https://github.com/ryancramerdesign/BlogProfile
http://modules.processwire.com/modules/process-blog/

I'm juggling PW vs WP as I have not practiced html, css, php  . . . . .

Remembering your posts I think you have enough code experience for using pw.

• Like 2