Uploading files to page vs creating downloads 'folder'

SamC

Hi, I've been reading this and it seems quite interesting:

I'm not sure how to go about the following so could do with a bit of advice on how other people handle this:

1) Upload or link to a file as an attachment to a page whilst editing.

For example, I can quite easily use the file type field and just add it to the template. Then when I edit a page, I can upload a file. However, what I really need is a way to (when editing a page), be able to either choose an existing uploaded file, or upload a new one (all word documents .doc/x).

I tried creating a template 'downloads' (family - parent) with a second template 'siteFiles' (family - child), with a file type field on siteFiles in order to centralize some kind of 'downloads section'. But with this way, I had to manually create pages under 'downloads' one at a time for each file, mucho laborious. This isn't the way I want to do this.

Ideally, the workflow would go something like this:

1) Log in.

2) Go to page > edit. Fill in title, body, etc...

3) Choose already uploaded file/upload new file from computer

4) If choose, then pick from tree

5) If upload, automatically create child page under downloads using newly uploaded file as page title

Downloads

- test.doc

- test2.doc

Any help or advice would be most appreciated! Bit lost here. Thanks.

Media Manager might be the slickest option for this. Not 100% sure but I think it allows you to upload new media directly from a page being edited.

If you want a no-cost solution you could look at adapting this module from @mr-fan, which is based on code by @adrian

https://github.com/mr-fan/AutoImagePages

But it doesn't allow for the uploading of new files directly from a page being edited - you must upload from the parent page of the files/images branch.

• Like 2