Nice tool for client-side image resizing

Robin S

I'm looking forward to client-side image resizing in PW. I have clients who will upload massive 24-megapixel 10MB images without a second thought. I use the "Max width for uploaded images" option but it's not working reliably because the oversized images still get through somehow (perhaps out-of-memory issues).

Anyway, I was looking for a foolproof way for non-tech-savvy clients to resize images and found this: https://bulkresizephotos.com/

Images are resized client-side so it's much faster than many of the other online tools. You can resize multiple images at once and get a ZIP file back with the results. And the best feature is that you can set the tool up how you want and then generate an embeddable drag-and-drop widget, so it's super-easy for clients to use and there are no options for them to mess up. I created a Hanna Code for the widget and added it to the online documentation I supply to clients so it's right there when they need it. Could even potentially be embedded directly in the admin theme.

Until client-side resizing comes to PW this is a useful stopgap.

• Like 12

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...