How to get array of page ids by selector if there are 10000+ pages?

valan

Is it possible to search pages by selector and get array (or separated string) of page ids instead of populated Pages in PageArray?

I have several thousands of pages in return and want to avoid memory limit/performance issues. All I need are page ids.

Not knowing exactly what you want to do it's difficult to help, but it seems to me that it would be better to use "limit" on the selector and do whatever you have to do in chunks. Honestly I don't see how an array of 10000 IDs could be useful.

A "getIds" option might be nice. 

$pages->find($selector, array('getIds' => true));

It would be in a similar vane to:

$pages->getByPath('/path/to/page', array('getID' => true));

but would obviously return an array of IDs, rather than a single one like with getByPath.

Or maybe:

$pages->getIds($selector);

which has the same feel as:

$pages->count($selector);
  • Like 2

PageFinder has a findIDs() method that sets the returnVerbose attribute. It doesn't set loadPages attribute, but I presume when returnVerbose is off it automatically does not return pages.

Untested, but this should work: (Oops. Doesn't work. See below.)

$pages->findIDs($selector);
  • Like 1

PageFinder has a findIDs() method that sets the returnVerbose attribute. It doesn't set loadPages attribute, but I presume when returnVerbose is off it automatically does not return pages.

Untested, but this should work:

$pages->findIDs($selector);

I thought I remembered there being something like that, but couldn't find it. Thanks for the reminder!

PS And of course findIDs makes much more sense than my suggest getIds :)

That's not going to work like that. First of all $pages is not pageFinder, $pages->pageFinder() is. Also the first argument is typehinted to Selectors, so putting a string won't work as well. That's why I've not mentioned it as I find it more confusing to use instead of the simple "add those options". If there would be a companion function in the Pages class it would be nice.

$pages->pageFinder()->findIDs(new Selectors($selector));
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...