view tab in Pagetable elements

manlio

Hi, in every page I have a View link.

post-2575-0-28694000-1449613641_thumb.pn

But if I click on a page table elements I don't have this button to preview the page, I have only marked tabs in the image below

post-2575-0-42551500-1449613880_thumb.jp

How can I enable this? Would be handy for preview pages before publishing.

Thank you

Hey,

From my knowledge a PageTable field is a more flexible replacement to the repeater field which allows multiple templates. So it wouldn't make sense for a view button to be there because you aren't viewing a page, but in fact a section of a page.

If you are looking to link pages together, why not use the Page field? This supports multi-select with the ability to click the selected to edit. It might be more along the lines of what you are looking for.

EDIT: Should also mention it lets you create the pages from this field too.

Thanks both. In this context I'm using pagetable to allow manual reorder of news or events in the frontend using Fredi (so every items is a real standard page). My client prefer editing in the frontend and I thought about this way to provide this kind of feature. I tried also to standardize the way my client needs to edit almost any content.

I'm also using PageTableExtended but in this case I think his preview ability will be not so useful because I would prefer to preview in a separate view just to not complicate too much the list view.

Thank you!

P.S. BTW Great new front end additions in PW 3! 

• Like 2