Job Board - Drupal vs ProcessWire

Neo

I was approached by a client with a project for a relatively simple niche job board with the following requirements:

- Website lists job posts in different categories.

- Companies can register their profile for a closed "members only" area (which should not be the CMS back-end).

- Within this members-area, the company can create a new job post for a small payment (Paypal or Credit Card).

- Once the payment has been made succesfully, and the job post as been reviewed by the site's administrator, the job can be released / published by the admin. 

Now, the client wants to use Drupal due to the strong user role and permission system and the availability of e-commerce modules.

I know my ways around in Drupal as a site-builder, but front-end styling with Drupal's markup can be really a pain. You just don't have the same flexibility like with ProcessWire, where you can use a custom front-end without problems.

The only hesitation I am having is the membership area, where job posters can sign up and also the payment for each post, which

I have never implemented with ProcessWire. My idea is to build a functional prototype as a "proof of concept" to convince the client 

that PW can do this in an elegant and secure way. 

Would appreciate your advice on the technical feasibility.

• Like 1

Frontend members area is no problem at all with PW. You just need to build the login logic via API. I built this with no prior experience with help from the forum.

Now there is also a module out there: http://modules.processwire.com/modules/frontend-user/

And this thread is worth reading.

Going on from there you either use Form Builder for your forms or you create them via the API and do validation etc yourself.

As for the paypal integration, I have no experience myself. But you may find some useful info/code here:

https://processwire.com/talk/topic/5281-paypal-payment-method-for-processwire-shop/

• Like 1