Default language url

Jee

Hi,

New PW user here.  :)

I hope someone can help me with my question. I want the default language to be french, so i added the french pack, modified the name but the /en/ are still visible in the url. Is this something hardcoded?

Or is there any better way to handle a default non english language?

Thanks

You can first change the default language (or not), in order to have the French language tabs in first position for example.

If you do so:

• Add the French language pack files there;
  • For the new English (or whatever) language don't add anything. It will use the ("internal") English language by default.

In Admin > Access > Users > guest, you can choose the French language, for visitors.

In Admin >Modules > Languages Support - Page Names, you have it by default but only for the homepage:

Default language homepage URL is same as root URL?

In Admin > Setup > Languages > en (or whatever Title you've chosen) > Settings, you can choose:

You will only see the French tabs in pages, for example.

You won't see the Active? option (and URL row) for the English language anymore.

In Pages >Home > Settings, you can just not choose the Active? option for the English language.

In Pages >Home > Settings, you can completely remove the /fr/ part of the French URL, if you want to.

[ http://modules.processwire.com/modules/french-language-pack/ ]