Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'ubuntu'.
Found 4 results
Note - I've not set this up, I'm not experienced, I'm probably omitting much relevant information as a result so this post will be a bit of a work in progress. The answer may be on the forum here - If it is I can't tell for lack of experience (I've looked). I cannot for the life of me get an install to work and I've tried a lot, and I've asked others who're also struggling but I'll try posting here before another CMS as I've heard it's nice. Info about the server : https://gist.github.com/65086fbc7b5dd03abd0f0461b9c0ec8b I'm using the `stable` version of Processwire. My `htaccess` file is working - you can test here http://rightangle.space/ and click on the admin page to see the internal server error. Here is the htaccess file https://gist.github.com/3b805b8ab3c7978aca90a6e39773da00 Here is the /etc/apache2/apache2.conf file https://gist.github.com/2b2f2518ce7df4af4739413bc967cf56 Here is the /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default.conf file https://gist.github.com/400cc958ff32dfb6df80693fd8531f08 Here's the output of tree -fa /var/www/ https://gist.github.com/a3569becd9889b4b05c4f0d0a8a561d7
All of a sudden, with nothing changed on the database or server, a website was getting error when doing a search: Error: Exception: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 23 Out of resources when opening file './your-database-name/pages_parents.MYD' (Errcode: 24 - Too many open files) (in /home/forge/example.com/public/wire/core/PageFinder.php line 413) #0 /home/forge/example.com/public/wire/core/Wire.php(386): ProcessWire\PageFinder->___find(Object(ProcessWire\Selectors), Array) #1 /home/forge/example.com/public/wire/core/WireHooks.php(723): ProcessWire\Wire->_callMethod('___find', Array) #2 /home/forge/example.com/public/wire/core/Wire.php(442): ProcessWire\WireHooks->runHooks(Object(ProcessWire\PageFinder), 'find', Array) #3 /home/forge/example.com/public/wire/core/PagesLoader.php(248): ProcessWire\Wire->__call('find', Array) #4 /home/forge/example.com/public/wire/core/Pages.php(232): ProcessWire\PagesLoader->find('title~=EAP, lim...', Array) #5 /home/forge/example.com/public/wire/core/Wire.php(383): ProcessWire\Pages->___find('title~=EAP, lim...') #6 /home/forge/example.com/public/wire This error message was shown because: you are logged in as a Superuser. Error has been logged. I tried several things, listed in this thread: https://serverfault.com/questions/791729/ubuntu-16-04-server-mysql-open-file-limit-wont-go-higher-than-65536 But for some reason, MySQL was not getting its limit increased, but in the end, the one that did the trick was this: This worked for me on Ubuntu Xenial 16.04: Create the dir /etc/systemd/system/mysql.service.d Put in /etc/systemd/system/mysql.service.d/override.conf: [Service] LimitNOFILE=1024000 Now execute systemctl daemon-reload systemctl restart mysql.service Yes indeed, LimitNOFILE=infinity actually seems to set it to 65536. You can validate the above after starting MySQL by doing: cat /proc/$(pgrep mysql)/limits | grep files
Hi there, A colleague of mine is trying to get our site running on his local Ubuntu LAMP Setup (Ubuntu 17.10, Apache 2.4.27, PW 3.0.62, PHP 7.1.11) When he types in the Homepage URL, he's getting code outputted instead of being executed. Does any one know why? Update : Just Figured it out. Apparently, it's a new PHP7 security feature that disables from code executing if the code module starts with <? instead of <php I'm using MAMP locally so I'm guessing MAMP is somehow circumventing this but LAMP isn't. I'm posting this so people can save themselves hours pulling their hair out.
IMPORTANT - DO NOT USE THIS FOR A PRODUCTION SERVER This is not strictly a ProcessWire tutorial, except it really is very useful for developing ProcessWire websites. I have just rebuilt my little dev server and it was a right pain - basically, I made the mistake of following a couple of bits of really bad advice. I eventually nailed down the right thing to do in the right order from about three different sources and have decided to write it up. This tutorial will take you through installing a pristine, new version of Ubuntu on an old PC, setting it up to work on your local network (this is NOT a publicly facing server), installing Virtualmin, Samba window shares, and setting up your first virtual server. The main problem I found with the help that I followed, is that no one seemed to link all these install processes together - so a standard install of Ubuntu with Apache would completely mess up Virtualmin and make it all a nightmare. This is a PDF file without screenshots, but to be honest, I am not sure how screenshots of command line is particularly helpful to anyone! Feel free to use this and let me know if it actually worked. NOTE: I am not a sysadmin, so if you find strange errors, you are more likely to find the answer through Google than by asking me - this is just the result of me pulling my hair out for a day or so. I certainly cannot guarantee that this is perfect or even the best way. Installing Ubuntu and Webmin.pdf